Search results

1. Spocko

AIYIMA A70 Stereo Amplifier Review

Just imagine where we'll be in 3 years! It's amazing the level of performance for the price and I for one look forward to the next generation of $300 (lol with inflation) Class D amps.
  2. Spocko

Constant Beamwidth Transducer (CBT) Speakers

They're only random until you realize that they cost $100 per stick as they absorb stray frequencies that diminish soundstage!
  3. Spocko

Dutch&Dutch 8C /Genelec 8351b and Amphion something or other.

As their dispersion patterns are not identical, their will always be subtle differences with regard to stereophonics and room interaction but above 250Hz I'm sure you can come darn close as long as you know what the 8C's frequency curve in your room and that's the hard part.
  4. Spocko

Dutch&Dutch 8C /Genelec 8351b and Amphion something or other.

Also, the reason people buy Genelec is the GLM/DSP/EQ capability that can literally tune it to your taste and needs - it's not like people have to live with piercing highs either! IMO it's this flexibility that make them so desirable
  5. Spocko

Policy Change for "Desperate Dealer Forum"

Absolutely, ASR was never intended to be a "marketplace" but many members wished to sell their things and would prefer to sell to fellow members so it's here purely as a convenience for membership. @amirm gets absolutely no benefit for helping out this community by allowing such a marketplace...
  6. Spocko

Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary Speaker Review

Research also shows people will not buy ugly or over complicated things, so the Venn diagram of good looking, simple minded and flat leads to today's winner - hello Sonos Five Smart Speaker https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/sonos-five-smart-speaker-review.51409/
  7. Spocko

Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary Speaker Review

Price is no excuse because the fundamentals of speaker design are thoroughly understood without any additional R&D to uncover anything new or innovative. Elac and Klipsch have done better for $600 and for pros, Kali has affordable active monitors that measure well. One no longer has to pay over...
  8. Spocko

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

Isn't this where Thor lives?
  9. Spocko

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

every morning at the gym overlooking the pier in Huntington Beach while listening to my Airpods LOL
  10. Spocko

Neumann KH120 II

LOL I listen to EDM exclusively when working "in the zone" so didn't even notice the missing bass but generally if I need stuff below 80Hz it's always with a subwoofer
  11. Spocko

Neumann KH120 II

Happy KH120ii owner after 6 months of use for both music listening and mixing/mastering of vocal dialogue with music in my studio - they definitely go deep enough for my needs!
  12. Spocko

Sonos Five Smart Speaker Review

FINALLY, a speaker most people will likely buy! Bravo Sonos, and I'm hoping this wasn't pure coincidence one-hit-wonder but rather well thought out by their audio engineering team which means it will lead to consistency down the line for future products.
  13. Spocko

TOPPING D90 III Sabre DAC Review

What's crazy is that 3 years ago I though this was a DEAL, but now am I the only one who's thinking it's too expensive?
  14. Spocko

Anthem AVM90 AV Processor Review

I firmly believe that we are in a place where the current surround formats (DTS:X, Atmos, Auro3D etc.) are good enough to never be outdated unless the powers that be simply stop supporting these formats. As a matter of fact, any home theater with this level of 15.4 $6K processor and matching...
  15. Spocko

15.4 is for larger homes where you need front wide channels to fill in the gap between your front L/C/R and your surround L/R plus in these larger homes you may have 3 rows of seating which means if you want the rear row to get overhead Atmos you'll need 6 overhead channels and of course in...
  16. Spocko

I'm in the review industry and I have heard them back to back to back A/B/C in succession replaying a 9 second snippet of the Maverick dog fight scene at the end, and ultimately, they can all be tuned to sound identical - at default one may emphasize dialogue or affects channels but all of that...
  17. Spocko

Genelec 8351B Review (Studio Monitor)

Interesting observations for sure! It's probably why enthusiasts have multiple speaker set ups - there's no perfect speaker for everything
  18. Spocko

Genelec 8351B Review (Studio Monitor)

You mention "time domain issue" as the possible reason for the elevated "hihats" but maybe you're conflating 2 different issues? The 8030c are designed to be nearfield speakers so that its direct sound is everything you want to hear with no consideration for reflected sound and additionally...
  19. Spocko

Marantz Cinema 40 AVR Review

Other than aesthetic appeal, I cannot imagine its performance as a home theater AVR is audibly different than a Denon with similar specs (like Dirac) but costing a whole lot less. AVRs are not designed to be high precision sound systems (Benchmark AHB2 comes to mind) but rather meant to deliver...
Top Bottom