Search results

1. R

Spyware In Cars - It's Worse Than You Think

In South Africa you cannot insure your car without one of these systems because car theft is so high.
  2. R

I swapped Ls50 for an R3 meta ….im I imagining

I wasn't suggesting you wired it wrong, rather that the factory may have wired the top drivers backwards in one of the speakers.
  3. R

I swapped Ls50 for an R3 meta ….im I imagining

Perhaps one of the new speakers is accidentally wired out of phase?
  4. R

does anyone listen to Taylor Swift? tell me what the draw is

The answer is "angst". It's not something the typical demographic of this kind of forum suffers from.
  5. R

Honesty in specifications

The old Hsu cylinder subs could do it and they were pretty lightweight also. They were supplied with an EQ module and provided meaningful output at 16Hz with a smallish footprint.
  6. R

heart condition

Be careful of tomato juice and order a low sodium one!!! Typically it is LOADED with salt. Get well soon!
  7. R

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

The model Stereophile reviewed is a completely different design and the tweeter axis makes sense for that particular speaker. You just can't use a different speaker as ammunition for the listening axis argument for the speaker that Amir reviewed. However, it should be said (again) that most...
  8. R

Ishiwata Toe In (Extreme Toe In), have you tried this?

This is also useful if you need to use a pair of speakers placed either side of your display for the center channel due to layout issues. It maximizes the sweet spot. Of course, it also adds comb filtering effects so don't move your head too much...
  9. R

220V amplifier in 110V country... oops!

But I'd also check with Arcam first.
  10. R

220V amplifier in 110V country... oops!

Typically there are 220 volt outlets for electric stoves and for tumble dryers in American homes. The electrician would tap this circuit most likely. Yes, phase to phase measures 220 volts and phase to neutral measures 120-ish volts.
  11. R

New Barefoot Footprint03 studio monitors

So in 2023 we can't make A-D converters that handle full range including high frequencies? Why would you even do this?
  12. R

Help choosing right integrated amplifier for Snell Type C/V

The DAC he's building will color the sound more than any amplifier choice. Plus those aren't exactly resolving speakers and are probably far from original specs. So pages and pages of "perfect" amplifier suggestions is just a waste of space, in my humble opinion. Now I'll wait for the slaps...
  13. R

DIY triggered ac outlet

Around 4K7, 5 watts or more in parallel with the load for 110-120 volts.
  14. R

DIY triggered ac outlet

Solid state relays do exhibit leakage when turned off. Usually you can find that on the spec sheet. In some cases I've had to use a load resistor to collapse the leakage and produce a "true" off state. Also check the load requirements. Just FYI, otherwise your idea should work - before you do...
  15. R

Power amp without decoupling capacitor, what does this mean?

NO NEED TO WORRY. The amp will work fine with that receiver. Most modern amps and preamps no longer use coupling capacitors. What the seller is saying though is that the protection only kicks in at 12 volts, which is a bit high and may not properly protect your speakers should you have a DC...
  16. R

How class D amplifier may react to headphone

Check that the negative terminals of your tap cable do not tie left and right ground together before you try it!
  17. R

Subwoofer placement calculations

Honestly, modeling for a simple shape room is fairly accurate as a starting point, but you do still need to measure after placement because every room has quirks due to how it is constructed and what is behind the walls/floor/ceiling and relatively small placement changes can cause large...
  18. R

How class D amplifier may react to headphone

But if you're careful, try it out and see.
Top Bottom