Search results

1. G

Wallmount for JBL 306

https://www.amazon.com/JBL-Professional-Next-Generation-Powered-308PMKII/dp/B0787KRJ9H/ H14.2" x W8.8" x D11.1" (361 x 224 x 282mm) These are the dimensions. I need to wallmnount it and I don't know which speaker mount to get. This one...
  2. G

New Schiit SYN - Analog Surround Sound Processor

It seems to be suggesting that it can output in stereo channels and still give you the benefit of surround sound?
  3. G

New Schiit SYN - Analog Surround Sound Processor

No ones gonna have that. Schiits real problem is that this unit does not interface with bluetooth earbuds! Also what's stopping them from just simulating their effect in software and just have it as an app?
  4. G

Has the objective of ASR been reached?

Wow. I think you completely underestimate how little the site matters due to the general public awareness of anything technical. We are a niche. When we do attract outsiders it’s usually a few people who are shopping on a budget. Nothing wrong with that. But we’re not changing anything major...
  5. G

300w Pure class A Monoblock search!

As you've probably found out by now, what you are asking is unrealistic. However, I currently use an Emotiva XPA-1 gen 2 monoblock setup. They are high-bias class A. It means as long as you play at below 60 watts you are at class A. When you get past 60 watts at any time, it switches to class...
  6. G

Is my Amp enough for LS50?

Don't even worry about it. :) It'll be fine.
  7. G

Emotiva BasX A-300, looking to upgrade

If you want something cheap, I switched to the ankher liberty pro 3 earbuds and set the eq to "deep". I use it for the PC. They compete with the sound of my HD800S, but provide better more extended low bass. It sounds amazing in movies too. (all subjective impressions).
  8. G

Desktop speakers: are you always aware the music is being produced by speakers, or can the speakers "disappear"

Let’s not kid ourselves. Yes you are absolutely aware you’re listening to speakers but the illusion is very convincing and you can at times kind of not be able to tell Where the main sound is coming from.
  9. G

Please confirm my setup before I go on a purchasing spree. Thoughts?

You'd get better results if you went two channel due to your limited budget. Maximise your investment into quality speakers with your two channel - is my suggestion. Also consider room treatment.
  10. G

First 500$ HiFi setup (Headphone + DAC) recommandations please

Try it. Both have good qualities. (Warning: subjective impressions follow:) The HD800 unequalized loses with a harsh treble spike and a low amount of bass. Equalized the HD800 is a lot closer and it takes the edge in maximum volume capabilities and a "bigger" soundstage outside your head. It...
  11. G

Don't worry about it. if you're after some good sound at a cheap price, that's what you want. I have the Sennheiser HD800S and I think the liberty 3 pro (with the deep eq setting) are on similar footing. If you have amazon prime you can try it and if you don't like it - free returns.
  12. G

I would get the Anker Soundcore Liberty 3 Pro and set the eq to "deep". You'd have better sound at $100 imo
  13. G

$30K Budget - On the quest for my "end game" speaker

Don’t bother spending that cash till you treat your room
  14. G

Emotiva removing negative reviews? Anyone experienced that?

I’m confuse why would the company’s website show negative user reviews? Sounds like bad business.
  15. G

Dan Clark Expanse Headphone Review

@amirm Forgive me if you've answered this but what about weight comparisons and comfort? Closed versus open back?
  16. G

Queen Elizabeth II, longest-reigning monarch in British history, dead at 96.

Throw in some elegance and sophistication and people ignore the history and the lasting impacts of colonialism.
  17. G

Anyone watching Lord of the Rings - The Rings of Power ?

Gosh tough crowd. I give it a 10/10. I had a great time watching it. It still inspired the sense of the wonder of the lotr movies and manages to look even better doing it.Still would have liked more diversity though…
  18. G

I made that classic mistake....

I spent $2000 on the Sennheiser HD800S, a Bas-X A-100, a schiit Loki and a second analog eq. It all sounds fantastic, close to the best sound I've heard. However, tech has come a long way. I tried the Soundcore Liberty 3 Pro earbuds which retails at $160, often on sale for $80. And it's...
  19. G

Xbox Series X support for external DACs

I use an audio extractor and had no input lag I could discern. But then again, I'm not an avid gamer.
  20. G

A no-taking-sides, no judgment classification of the 4 types of Audiophile. "The audiophile bestiary".

Yeah I think there needs to Be a variety of classification for “objectivists”. Perhaps a measurements only audiophile who only cares about the numbers and places high priority on low distortion. However audibility of this often inaudible distortion is placed at a low tier when selecting for...
Top Bottom