Search results

1. Ataraxia

How to properly A/B compare speakers? Elac DBR62 vs Infinity R152 vs KEF R3 comparison.

I had R3's on my desk about 3'10" apart, as well as in a few largeish to small apartment living rooms. R3's need I'd say about at least 6' equilateral to open up. I've had Q150's and LS50's on the same desk and they are great for that 3'10" triangle.
  2. Ataraxia

IsoAcoustic Stand on top of 24" Floorstand to bring the speaker to ear level? Does it make sense?

I wonder about that because my R3's need to be at about 28" stands to get the center image off the floor. Similar when put my LS50 Metas in those 28". This with me sitting on a standard couch or chair.
  3. Ataraxia

IsoAcoustic Stand on top of 24" Floorstand to bring the speaker to ear level? Does it make sense?

Iso only top or bottom bracket or short posts are fine. Also blue tac can help provide reassurance of stability. I had my LS50 Metas on Iso 155 bottom bracket on top of 28" Monolith stands and it looked and worked great.
  4. Ataraxia

Schiit Vidar Amplifier Review

And it's shown in stock. It's still on my radar as I decide my next configuration for TV and 2 channel stereo.
  5. Ataraxia

Reference Meta updated!

That and they have to differentiate the speakers. Squared Reference and curved Blade seem to do that for function and aesthetics. Plus at that level they are splitting hairs, going for small percentages, to improve the audio experience. I think that's mentioned in the video.
  6. Ataraxia

KEF LS50 META!

Have you experienced the SHD power to give your impressions?
  7. Ataraxia

KEF LS50 Meta Review (Speaker)

What dimension is your listening triangle and how far off the back wall are they?
  8. Ataraxia

How to properly A/B compare speakers? Elac DBR62 vs Infinity R152 vs KEF R3 comparison.

For reference here are Metas and R3's on an IKEA Gerton desktop at 29.5"x61".
  9. Ataraxia

miniDSP Flex

Probably. I've been casually considering Dirac implementation for a long time. I need to make up my mind on Dirac separates vs. Dirac integrated unit.
  10. Ataraxia

miniDSP Flex

Thanks for your input I had the same thoughts about mic quality, stand, etc. I already own an Umik-1 from dabbing in REW a while back. I'm tempted by Flex/Vidar or Emotiva BasX A2. But still undecide if I want to go back minimalistic 2.0 or 2.1 Dirac PCM or have AVR for potential 5.0 or 5.1..
  11. Ataraxia

Is Old Music Killing New Music?

Doom scrolling, lol! :-)
  12. Ataraxia

miniDSP Flex

I want Dirac but also don't want to have to rabbit hole too far into it. I think, miniDSP Flex plus Vidar? Add external streamer. Or Arcam SA30 or AVR 10 or NAD M10 all in one It would be nice not needing a laptop as well to perform Dirac calibration using SHD/Studio/Flex...
  13. Ataraxia

miniDSP Flex

Thanks, so one does not need REW to effectively implement Dirac, correct? On that note have you compared Dirac performance results with Dirac separates (SHD, etc. + chosen amp) to Dirac integrated with units like Arcam SA30, Arcam AVR's, new Onkyo AVR's, NAD units etc. Is it easier to...
  14. Ataraxia

Is Old Music Killing New Music?

I'm developing music ADHD which is like infinite scroll addiction. Sometimes I wonder if it would be better to go back to purchase of hard media or FLAC files for music and Blueray 4K for movies. They are making content faster than is reasonable to consume. With hard media it sort of returns...
  15. Ataraxia

miniDSP Flex

Why do we need to use REW with Dirac? I thought the Dirac sweep curves show the in room response just like REW.
  16. Ataraxia

miniDSP Flex

Have you ever compared the performance of built in Dirac, AVR, Arcam SA30, etc. to Dirac implemented with separates?
  17. Ataraxia

I've said this as well and a few more here and there. Level heads must understand that not everyone hears or describes audio in the same way so subjective speaker impressions and especially X vs. X comparisons should be interpreted accordingly.
  18. Ataraxia

We have to read each others impressions knowing we all have different hearing capabilities, electronics, rooms, listening environments. It's not easy for me to describe the differences because I'm also trying to crudely control for all the speaker placement and electronics differences I've had...
  19. Ataraxia

Excellent clarity, transparency of equipment can be used to describe either R3 or Meta. With my Metas on desk I believe I hear more of the recording which seems to be slightly better clarity but it might have something to do with the fact that room interaction is better removed with Metas...
Top Bottom