Search results

1. U

HD800s Powered by Apple M1 MBP...What am I losing by not using a more powerful amp?

I've been experimenting with my DX3 Pro + and my Apple M1 14" MBP. I've used a decibel meter to attempt to match volume. I can't really hear a difference. Am I losing detail or something by using the computer only?
  2. U

Recommendation for IEM Under $200 with good Isolation?

I could also bump up my budget to $500
  3. U

If I use something like a Qudelix-5K would you recommend different IEMs?
  4. U

I am looking for an IEM with good isolation that I can use for listening to EDM music and for editing audio. They will plug directly into my computer or phone. I used to have the SE535 LTDs which I liked I also liked the SE846. How are the new Chinese IEMs. It seems like the whole landscape...
  5. U

Best headphones for passive noise canceling?

There is also the DT250 which already come with the better ear pads, although I've read that the 770 Pro isolates more.
  6. U

I was looking at the DT150 last night and it seems like the channel imbalance is common for that model. I love the way it looks though.
  7. U

Who makes the best passive noise canceling headphones? I've had all of the major active noise canceling headphones and I don't find them to be comfortable for very long. I am wondering if there are good passive option. Over ear is preferred but in ear would be fine too if they are easy to put...
  8. U

Topping G5 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

For an HD800s would this be just as good as a Topping L30II E30II stack? It costs just as much but has a smaller foot print and battery.
  9. U

Best Build Quality? Topping vs SMSL vs FiiO vs Sabaj?

These look great. Which model do you have. I am tempted by the A10d.
  10. U

I can tell you care about this a lot. What you are saying is that if my poll was about which Chinese manufacturer offered the best build quality I should list ALL Chinese Hi-Fi manufacturers? How many would that be? I picked the four I see most commonly discussed on this forum. The last thing I...
  11. U

Can you direct me to the forum rules? I don't see them as prominently displayed as on other forums.
  12. U

It is natural to group things and it is useful in titles. I am not a mind reader and neither are you. You tell me you are offended by that portmanteau and I believe you. I will tell you that it was not my intention to be offensive in anyway and I trust in good faith that you will believe that...
  13. U

I don't see a way to edit my original post. Admins: If I broke the rules do what you need to do.
  14. U

That is ridiculous. It's a great portmanteau like "Japanimation" and there is nothing derogatory about it. Are we allowed to say "Chinese Hi-Fi"?
  15. U

Topping A90 Discrete Review (Headphone Amp & Preamp)

I don't have the HD800S yet. Should be coming tomorrow. I bought the Topping L30II but I am not sure I am going to keep it because it sounds like they don't last. I am also not really sure if I should buy separates or an all in one
  16. U

Topping A90 Discrete Review (Headphone Amp & Preamp)

Would there be any reason to get this if I am using an HD800S?
  17. U

How do you know it is a lower-sales-volume product? Especially in the affordable range they are in.
  18. U

What compromises? Are you saying separates will sound better?
Top Bottom