Search results

1. J

Bought a Hiby R6 Gen 3, absolutely no genuine need for it

qubuz streams in hires some tracks are 192khz 24 bit and you can buy and download tracks in wav. the hibby player is bit perfect.
  2. J

Bought a Hiby R6 Gen 3, absolutely no genuine need for it

I have one of these have tried Hola hd560s balanced Didn’t really like these Thin bass and treble not great. Now using hifiman sundara they need to be in balanced mode to get enough power from the dap. and its a big improvement be staying with these.
  3. J

New HiBy R6 Hi Res Audio DAP Discussion

Just bought the r6 111 Liking the sound and features. But player keeps moving tracks from music folders and putting them in different folders. I formatted the sd card in player then copied album from pc to player but if I add tracks from different albums it makes another folder or puts some of...
  4. J

Sennheiser HD560s Owner's Thread.

I have just ordered a set of 560’s and am looking at the balance lead for them Are these cables balanced as the standard lead only has one - so is the ground joined in the headphones Just looking at increasing the output of my dap. This cable has more pins so are they all used...
  5. J

M1s balanced headphones

Ok Going to try unbalanced first and if I need a balance lead is this ok. Shows less poles can end Also was looking at the hifiman HE400Se but looks like they need more power to use.
  6. J

M1s balanced headphones

From reviews I have seen even with the double output of balanced a lot of daps can’t run all full size headphones so would unbalanced be the same output. The 560s doesn’t have input on each cup or a 4 pin connecter. So do I need to find dual input and change the connector or find 4 pin input...
  7. J

M1s balanced headphones

I have a shanling m1s dap. And am looking for a set of headphones that can be balanced as the dap outputs more power balanced. Not much clear info about on what headphones can be used. Looking at the hd560s
  8. J

SMSL M500 DAC and HP Amp Review

Mine was 1.07 then updated to v1.08 but now shows v1.05 Sw1.4 hw 1.2
  9. J

My filters are only selectable with mqa and a large volume drop with slow filters. Shouldn't mqa use no filters as dac auto selects settings for mqa If updates only on ok for some models is there different versions. Smsl don't seem to have any useful answers.
  10. J

Shenzhen says mqa auto switches to a setting and shouldn't use filters.
  11. J

Could using rca and xlr at the same time unbalance the xlr cables.
  12. J

SMSL SP200: Do We Get Golden Samples For Review?

Sure companies send items for review and change specs Happens with pc components. They haven't been clear about m500 specs. When should led be magneta Slow filters dropping volume when mqa should not use filters . Why doesnt dac show firmware update is it just a driver update .
  13. J

MQA Sounds Really Good!

Hows mqa different to hires downloads where they can be recorded on a tape or upsampled from 44.1khz Then charge around £20 for an album
  14. J

Was the latest update just a driver update or firmware as dac shows firmware not changed. Have the filters been sorted now.
  15. J

Liking this dac with my hs7's and krk sub Going to use xlr splitter's rather than sending signal through sub filters. Still not sure what filters are doing or what led colours mean or why have to scroll through menu to switch screen on if of as cant even see the menu or why firmware on...
  16. J

What is the point of upsampling?

Isn't upsampled what lots of the hires downloads are.
  17. J

How does Windows handle audio device sample rate and bit depth?

My dac does a similar thing if I switch of exclusive mode in tidal Dac shows 192khz for all tracks That's what windows is set at. Also have a track xmos shows 44khz but dac shows 352khz.
  18. J

New SMSL M500

Does amirm go through all the menus,settings,inputs and sound formats or just give set measurements.
  19. J

New SMSL M500

Ok All I have seen is no magneta led and windows volume doesn't do anything now.
  20. J

New SMSL M500

Does your dac display v1.7.
Top Bottom