Search results

1. F

Is this the right way to use Dirac Live to correct 0-300 Hz?

Hello, If I set a curtain to, say, 300hz in Dirac Live, will it adjust the overall level of the rest of the spectrum (301-20khz) to be in average level with the EQ'd section (0-300hz)? According to Dirac's visualization when setting the curve, the EQ'd section (0-300hz) appears to be much lower...
  2. F

Radio interference only trough cable (budget studio monitors)

(dislaimer: audio noob with no electronics knowledge) I'm a bit confused about my experience comparing my KRK Rokit 5 G3s and M-AUDIO BX5 D2 monitors. Setup: desktop computer -> (a) M-AUDIO MTRACK 2x2 USB with balanced TRS cables to monitors, or (b) MiniDSP DDRC-24 (USB input) with RCA cables...
  3. F

Best approach to REW measurements + EQ (EqualizerAPO)

Hi, all! After moving my miniDSP DDRC-24 to the living room, I'm trying to EQ the bass region of my stereo monitors using REW + UMIK-1 and EqualizerAPO. There are lots of differente tutorials over the internet, and apparently people use very different methods. What brought my attention the most...
  4. F

REW + rePhase + EqAPO vs Dirac Live

Hello, all. I'm planning to move my MiniDSP DDRC24 unit from my desktop to the living room stereo setup. Since I own the UMIK-1, I decided to use free software to keep my desktop corrected. Reading online, it seems like REW AutoEQ + rePhase + EQAPO would be a nice systemwide correction suite...
  5. F

Stacking two or more digital volume controls?

Hi, there. Is there any theoretical downside between using a single digital control vs stracking two, achieving the same SPL? Scenario 1: using software volume control at 100% and controlling volume only via windows (digitally). Scenario 2: lowering windows volume control AND software volume...
  6. F

Are speaker stands really mandatory for bookshelves?

As per the title: are proper stands really benefitial for bookshelf speakers when compared to placing them on a firm entertainment center, like on the example below (considering that the speakersare close to the edge and at proper height)...
  7. F

Avoiding intersample clipping on digital vs analog volume controlled DACs

Hello, I've read a bit about intersample clipping and I understand that one may avoid it by reducing the software playback volume, normalizing the volume on the player or reducing overall windows volume control (when available). Two questions come to mind: 1) In the case of a DAC with digital...
  8. F

(Tidal) If not decoding MQA, what's the difference between Master and Redbook albums?

Hello, If i'm not unfolding MQA, whats the difference between playing identical two albums, one being Master and the other not, assuming both come from the same release and master tape? Is the "base" FLAC file from the MQA version any different from the FLAC of the "normal" version? I mean...
Top Bottom