Search results

1. M

DT880 600o shipped through amir for measurements

100$. i'll pay for shipping to amir, you pay for shipping from him. the pads are pretty worn as this is a 2nd owner copy, but they're very comfy rather than hitting the "needs to be replaced" point. comes with carrying case and 1/4" adapter. i'm in boston, if you want to pick them up and opt to...
  2. M

minidsp 2.4hd dirac vs 22d for living room stereo + single subwoofer

I have axiom axiom dipole lfr1100s in my living room with a single EP500 sub. the audio comes from amazon fire tv cube tosline -> vizio tv toslink (which i think resamples so i'm thinking of extracting spdif from the HDMI out on the cube). this runs into a sabaj d5 to XLRs into the adau1701 DSP...
  3. M

can the SP400 switch between preamp and HP amp without physically unplugging the preamp outs?

pretty much the title. i'm using it as a preamp for my genelecs and also as a HP amp for my HP of the night, but right now the only solution i've found to switch to switch it between the two is to unplug the preamp XLR outs. completely (I suspect it has a switch to detect the presence of the...
  4. M

can the SP400 switch between preamp mode and HP amp mode without unplugged the pre outs?

pretty much the title. i'm using it as a preamp for my genelecs and also as a HP amp for my HP of the night, but right now the only solution i've found to switch to switch it between the two is to unplug the preamp XLR outs. completely (I suspect it has a switch to detect the presence of the...
  5. M

high frequency breakup? aka what's happening in my room at HF?

I just got my umik-1 calibrated in REW and I'm getting the same high frequency noise I was getting last week with my blue yeti. Basically, my room likes this https://www.dropbox.com/s/hka02ykafrj0nky/Screen Shot 2021-04-10 at 3.29.22 PM.png?dl=0 I keep seeing other people with really clean HF...
  6. M

4v XLR to active monitors, 2v unbalanced to subwoofer

hey folks, I am currently evaluating a demo system that consists of 2x genelec 8030cs connected via XLR to SMSL m400 from the balanced outputs and then an SVS 3000 micro subwoofer connected via stereo RCA from the m400 unbalanced outputs. the problem i was consistently having before a lot of...
  7. M

On Waiting for D30Pro

I was hoping @JohnYang1997 could answer a few questions prior to release. I just got an A50s that I absolutely love, but am driving it with a tempotec Sonata HD Pro until I decide on something permanent. This is a bedroom system so I'm trying to keep the expenditure down. In particular, will I...
  8. M

near field small footprint bookshelves for a teenager?

Folks, My brother's kid just got a hand-me-down 80s sony receiver (pulse power!) and turntable and is super excited to try it out with entry-level high quality near-field box speakers. Right now, they are running a pyle phono stage to audioengine A2s, but the kiddo loves retro things (the last...
  9. M

WTB: D50s found

just ordered an A50s for my bedroom system and I think i'm likely going to go with the topping 50 stack, but amazon only has the silver in stock and i don't mind a few signs of use on my unit. PM me with offers. thanks! *ignore. found what i'm looking for*
  10. M

mulling an hd800s...

my current inventory is an hd600, focal elex and dt880 premium 600ohm, sony ex800, er4sr and er4xr (i can't find the sr and the xr was downright cheap). electronics stack for circumaurals is m400 + sp400. for the iems i have a meizu pro somewhere and an apple dongle.i would sell the dt880 if i...
  11. M

SMSL M500, first hardware revision

this is a red unit. lightly used, cosmetically perfect, comes in original box. purchased from amazon when the m500 first came out. selling because the form factor of the su-9 will fit my geshelli amp better. like, literally, the geshelli fits on top of the su-9 and not the m500, that's it...
  12. M

bit perfect HDMI audio extractors?

my default pathway into my speaker system is currently toslink from my TV, a vizio m0 from 2016 or so. i have a suspicion that it is not passing bit perfect pcm from the HDMI input (coming out of a fire tv cube 2019) to the SMSL m500. to that end, i'm thinking of pulling PCM directly from the...
  13. M

Geshelli archel2/.5 pro owners club

In the review thread for the archell2, it was pointed out that there is no thread for the archel2.5 or differences between the 2 and 2.5, so here we go! I only have a 2.5, not a 2, but from the review notes and cursory visual inspection, the major differences seem to be: -balanced input (this...
  14. M

sold out

i've decided to stick with high quality SE dongles for my ER4s, so I don't need these anymore. the 9038s comes with the usb-c to usb-c cable that IVX supplies from the factory.
  15. M

headphone suggestions ~500$

i've graciously been given a christmas budget of around 500$ and was considering some headphones that might be an upgrade from my current stable: IEMS: ety er4sr (4 years), sony ex800st (6 mos) full-size: my beloved hd600s, 18 years old and counting! :) obviously i like all of these. the...
Top Bottom