Search results

1. TimVG

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

This behaviour alone shows what kind of person you are dealing with. All he does is bait, and switch the narrative when it doesn't go his way. Which is quite often it seems. You can tell this is someone who needs to be in absolute control of everything at all times, typical of narcissists of...
  2. TimVG

He has removed all of Amir's responses on his Tekton facebook page. Edit: they appear to be back up - either my two devices erred on me, or something else is going on. Meanwhile he's still refusing to bring out any data of his own or his methodology. It's arguing with a child.
  3. TimVG

Talk about doubling down
  4. TimVG

I believe though since in this case the listening axis wasn't specified beforehand, Amir simply relied on the measurements to determine it.. as it turns out the specified axis performs worse than what was initially used. Whenever available I believe Amir always uses the specified axis, even if...
  5. TimVG

I'm a bit lost at the point you're trying to make. I genuinely believe Amir attempted to make that speaker sound its best
  6. TimVG

Except he didn't - the original axis provided slightly better measurements
  7. TimVG

Revel F206 Tower Speaker Review

RE treble artifacts - the performa 3 series can be prone to certain anomalies when the waveguide isn't flush with the baffle. I had to use a thicker gasket on my F206 for instance.
  8. TimVG

Luckily the NFS uses thousands of measurement points. Unfortunately nowhere in the vertical plane are there any improvements frequency response wise compared to the reference axis used in this review.
  9. TimVG

It would absolutely make a difference for a driver playing well into the lower treble. The exact effect would have to be simulated but I guarantee it will show up in a set of measurements.
  10. TimVG

DIY spinorama turntables

Sure thing I don't have my computer on me at the moment but can share tomorrow. You'll need 11mm ball bearings.
  11. TimVG

DIY spinorama turntables

Due to the weight of the construction screwing down was not necessary. And it makes storage a bit handier. For reverse rotation I simply put the castors in the correct orientation by hand - it works very smoothly.
  12. TimVG

Directiva r2 monitor prototype build

@Madjalapeno I do my cutouts with a Shaper Origin which works from svg files. I'm still working on the drawings (in Illustrator) but remember having some minor issues last time of dimensions fluctuating ever so slightly in the drawings themselves despite being setup correctly initially, still...
  13. TimVG

The monitor has been refined some more since the very promising prototype in terms of cabinet design only. The only thing remaining is to build it, measure it, implement the crossover and couple it to a bass module. Since the bass module can be many things, I will build a basic monopole column...
  14. TimVG

Neumann KH 150 Monitor Review

Aha, did not know! Thank you.
  15. TimVG

Neumann KH 150 Monitor Review

Hi Kimmo Have you considered adding the option of using the LW as a baseline for calculation of the DI instead of the ON. Kind regards
  16. TimVG

Big 2-way - cardoid

Sure. Do a search on the Directiva R2 project on this forum.
  17. TimVG

As Rick said, should be doable redo all the drawings. Still without a computer or software.at this point unfortunately. Since I have all the parts would like to finish asap. Am as anxious as any one of you :-) Hopefully I'll have a computer soon.
  18. TimVG

ATC speakers / Monitors

It doesn't matter what the size is. I'm asking (and I'm not asking you) where these distortion components, phase issues, linearity issues and pair deviation issues are in the Genelec speaker. As a reference I have included an ATC loudspeaker tested by the same person, in the same anechoic...
  19. TimVG

ATC speakers / Monitors

First of all, some modesty and decorum would suit you well. I've yet to start taking advice from boorish individuals. I'm not a child that needs berating. We're looking at several things and it is the only apples to apples comparison (same anechoic chamber, same process) we have. If you cannot...
Top Bottom