Search results

1. O

May you help me converting XLR to RCA ?

I think I will end the story with this last post. I got additional information that are partly useful, but it is a little bit time-consuming to go deeper and deeper on this topic. I have found a photo of the Musicstreamer PRO PCB on the web: it is using 2 TI4131 FDA, one per channel, that are...
  2. O

OK, Thank you. I have just found a review of the PRO saying: "The maximum level at 1kHz from the balanced outputs was to specification, at 4.5V RMS, and was exactly half that from the single phase used for the TiniQ/RCA adapter supplied with the review sample". I think this confirms that pins 1...
  3. O

Yes, probably. I have read that "shorting pins 1 and 3 or not shorting pins 1 and 3" greatly depends on the output architecture. But something remains unclear to me: when shorting pins 1 and 3 is recommended (output transformer or cross-coupled op amp), what is the drawback of not doing so? Is...
  4. O

Yes, I could. But most XLR to RCA cables do not specify their wiring; and most of them have pins 1 and 3 shorted.
  5. O

Replying to myself, as it may help someone else. Perfect matching between PRO and II+ with the following adaptation: XLR side: cable 1 connected to pin 1 shield connected to pin 1 cable 2 connected to pin 2 nothing connected to pin 3 RCA side...
  6. O

Hi guys, After reading docs about XLR to RCA conversion here and there, I still have questions about pluging a balanced DAC to an unbalanced AMP in a specific case: I have a HRT musicstreamer II+ (unbalanced) and a HRT musicstreamer PRO (balanced). I would like to use the PRO as unbalanced, like...
  7. O

Sabaj D5 - Owners' Thread

flashed firmware 1.6 with tool from here: https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/4000879753082.html. When line output is selected, volume can manually be set to 90 and stays here even if SE or BAL is selected then back to line output. So might not be a problem. BR, Pierre
  8. O

Sabaj D5 - Owners' Thread

Hi! With firmware 1.6, line output stays at 40 (firmware 1.4 value) when selected. It should jump to 90 (max volume) whatever the SE or BAL output volume, right? Did someone else notice this behaviour? Is it a bug ? BR, Pierre
  9. O

Singxer SDA-2 DAC and Headphone Amplifier Review

Audiophonics item is SDA-1, not SDA-2.
  10. O

Micromega MyDAC DAC Review

Hi Amir Very happy to see this review. I bought one (in fact two of these) DAC next year when it was on sale in France (as you know, Micromega is a french brand). It was my prefered DAC before I bought the Sabaj D5. In France, you can still find it at 99€, and even 75€ from time to time while...
  11. O

Review and Measurements of Sabaj D5 DAC & Amp

Atom has no balanced input/output. Though you could drive your LCD2 unbalanced with an adapter. When I tried the D5 (DAC) with another amp through SE line output, sound was poor: maybe my other amps were not so good (Micromega and Lehmann Audio Linear), maybe D5 SE line output is not so good...
  12. O

FYI, I have asked Sabaj representative on Aliexpress if there was a log file tracking firmware evolutions. I got a positive answer: he "will try to put it on the main web site". Sabaj customer service is really top notch.
  13. O

That's stange. I tested it last week with Hiby on my note 9 and did not notice any problem. BTW, Hiby can lower the output volume with the phone volume level (you can't with FiiO music). Did you check volume was at max level with Hiby? Maybe you can try FiiO music, it is a good player too. I...
  14. O

If your tablet or phone is Android based, you cannot rely on native Android usb driver to output bit-perfect signal to the DAC. For that, you need a player with its own usb driver, like USB Audio Player Pro (not free) or Hiby music player (free) or Fiio music player (free); and on USB OTG cable...
  15. O

AB vintage amp ?

Harman/Kardon ? Do not know this brand. Is it good ;-) ? Bought in 1979; Still working in 2019 !
  16. O

Review and Measurements of SMSL SP200 THX HP Amp

Thanks @Tks. I also doubt it will enhance my listening experience. Just wanted to see if I miss a point! I am more than happy with D5 DAC/amp combo and I am also afraid that D5 line output (SE, because I was not able to test XLR line out) is not on par with the fantastic DAC.
  17. O

Review and Measurements of SMSL SP200 THX HP Amp

Hi, Just wondering whether such a powerfull and qualitative amp would increase my listening pleasure or not, if plugged into Sabaj D5 line output: 1) No, because: - My headphones (HD600, DT770 pro and K710) do not require more than one third of D5 max volume (balanced output). - Amir...
  18. O

Your link is working fine. Thanks for your help, ansad.
  19. O

I tried to, but I cannot download from Baidu without account. If you can upload the firmware to another cloud, that would be fine. Cheers
  20. O

Thanks, apparently, they had problems sending me the file by filemail. I will send them another email again. Cheers
Top Bottom