Search results

1. M

Dynaudio X14 Speaker Review

F208 is great as well from what I hear. I'm happy with the X38 (so cheap used) and 896 but would like to get a confidence 50 or reference k3 at some point.
  2. M

Dynaudio X14 Speaker Review

I got a lightly used pair of Excite X38's for about $1900 and honestly found nothing under $4k that even remotely compared to the sound of these. I like my bass, and the twin 18cm drivers seem to go pretty flat all the way down to 35hz. It gives my Canton Vento 896 DC a run for its money. I...
  3. M

Review and Measurements of the Topping D70 DAC

But is my interpretation of the graph correct? As in, if I choose to run it at -12db there is less noise coming from the DAC? Or is it that regardless of the db level set in the DAC, it will run through the frequencies depending on the demand/song What is DAC mode? Just FYI I havent bought the...
  4. M

Review and Measurements of the Topping D70 DAC

Quick question here, trying to understand the intermodulation distortion. So since it rises after -12db, is it wiser to run the dac at -15db and control the volume from the amp? Is there any drawback for not running it at 0db? Will feed to an atom amp and later hopefully a monolith 887.
  5. M

A bit about your host....

Just read through your introduction Amir and I must say i'm thoroughly impressed. After more than a decade of lurking around in Head-fi and likes (and wasting quite a bit of money in the process..) I wish you retired earlier and opened this website sooner heh. Thank you for educating us who were...
Top Bottom