Search results

1. D

Z Reviews meets PS Audio!

> Says the hobby is a scam/snake oil. > Meltsdown when his 12 videos on ****** IEM's are called out rightfully by other guy's. Really lothe how this is considered highbrow youtube reviewing.
  2. D

They were sexual ones too which should've been a perma ban and then threatened oluv of oluvs gadgets who did videos on few of HBB's crap IEM's. He a disgusting asshole.
  3. D

What lossy codec do you use

Nice, i used them along with few other Noise bands to test how dynamic Lame and FHG AAC vbr is, only one noise artist album i have i just kept as flac the rest as 192kb/s AAC. Because not even 384kbps was enough to sound good. Yup even my ER4SR still sound full with my Sunn O))) albums collection.
  4. D

Same if find HBB unbearable as a reviewer since he lashes out if you disagree. His video on the ER4SR was a joke, So people are morons because they love analytical/flat sound than the bassy IEM's with bad treble/mids?. lol He said some pretty nasty stuff at Head fi when campfire solaris was...
  5. D

For me Lame V0 = 99% for me and FHG AAC at 192kb/s = 99%. Sounds fantastic for both my normal stuff(Ambient/metal/etc) & Anything industrial/experimental(Merzbow, whitehouse, The Haters).
  6. D

I mainly stick with Lame MP3 at V1(224kb/s VBR) since i can't tell.
  7. D

Why has Audio (and maybe all hobbies) become so hostile?

The HD800 has 5db in the 80 to 500Hz area while the ER4SR is 0db with a DF netural tuning. Never understood the soundstage bit when the IEM was all about binaural and that imo is pretty weak excuse when 3D sound DSP's can be used in Foobar. Try the SR with a 5db bass boost low shelf at 150Hz.
  8. D

Dynamic driver vs Planar magnetic

Electrostatics are overhyped imo. The ER4SR and HD800S are both highly resolving despite both being 1 BA and dynamic driver. I find it so cute how Etymotic got the electrostatic timbre out of BA drivers on the ER4S. Like fast quality bass that flat down from 1000 to 20Hz and insane detail...
  9. D

Can Amir, as a trained listener, spot audible difference between DACs?

I sometimes wonder if the galaxy brain's of Reddit/head fi haven't checked. If the headphones FR isn't being messed around by different OI like what happend with CFA Andro or just them hearing things as usual.
  10. D

Why has Audio (and maybe all hobbies) become so hostile?

Because it's a borderline cult full of the kind that get angry that a ER4SR is a better deal than a HD800S. While the rest just make up anything to just sound smart like the whole "BA timbre" i see in reviews about IEM's that wouldn't hold in a DBT test.
  11. D

Objectivism vs subjectivism and misinformation spreading?

I just lurked that sub seems to have decayed hard over there. There are users giving their view on the ER4SR when they never tried it???. Then give downvotes when called out on trolling.
  12. D

I'm using the Sony NW A45 which i got for £139 but my ER4SR was MSRP from amazon UK. Yup even VBR 256kbps AAC sounds transparent to me since 256GB not enough for lossless and i can't tell the difference.
  13. D

The ones who won't admit K712 and a ER3SE are steals tech wise. Are the kind that will just shell out for a HD800S with no care that TOTL headphones are junk on price to performance scale. My ER4SR's bury past headphones i had detail wise all for £359. There a IEM reviewer who actually rates by...
  14. D

There no point defending yourself on the subreddit, I've been flamed 4 times by users who think anyone cares about there £1000 headphones. Not to mention people bashing gear they never tried like ER4S or Grado.
  15. D

I've seen 50 page arguments on v0/320 vs lossless by ones who never show proof. The Reddit tone shift is pathetic when they would bash Head Fi being a subjective hive mind in the past, May aswell defend cables at that point. lol
  16. D

Best closed back, over-ear headphone under $250?

It's almost like he never reads the stuff he spams as gospel because those FR charts he shows are void since the dude who did them. Didn't show the boosted bass on a TX00 or the beyer treble peak on a DT770, Not to mention the 7db 7k boost on the ER4SR EQ that touches a dip that supposed to be...
  17. D

So while while bored i was reading Reddit, Seems like the headphone sub loves spreading the idea that all DAC's sound different it sounds like the rants by people upset they wasted money on £500+ gear?. Which is so ironic when they downvote anyone who dares say the HD6XX is a overhyped headphone...
  18. D

Putting THD in the perspective

No he saying the mics cause exaggerated/added distortion don't twist what is said, Even good mic was 1 - 3%?. Why are you being ignorant to the fact that any THD chart about any Grado are void also even 90 to 100db is a issue with some headphones dying from pushed to hard since all Grado...
  19. D

Amir saying that the high THD the ER4XR or a SR225e i was talking about could be much lower in reality, like <0.2% and your examples are even lower. There lot's of issues i have beyond mic distortion like ambient noise, glitches and much more causing some to be higher that actually are. Even...
  20. D

I kinda wish THD+N went through DBT proof tests for the ones who tout audability or assume blindly that over 1% is audible. Is just them hearing stubile details in their music or placebo effect. The ER4PT i had was 0.7% at 1k with bass being 0,5% yet sounded great.
Top Bottom