Search results

1. S

Serious question: Why do we need volume control on headphone amps?

I know. But my question was more about the basic design of headphone amplifiers. If you realize an external amp without the volume control, would this affect the technical performance in any way? Do you even get better measurements? It sounds like a strange question, but I'm interested in this.
  2. S

Yes, you're right. Just for testing different amps to hear what the result would sound like.
  3. S

Hello, Since reading a chapter about digital volume control in the ADI-2 DAC manual, I use the following setup: - DAC reference level to max. +13 dBu - Volume on external headphone amplifier to max. Any volume change would be controlled digitally via the DAC. The manual also mentions a lot...
  4. S

The most overrated and underrated headphone you tried?

Overrated: Beyerdynamic in general (sorry!). My DT 880 sounds lifeless compared to the similarly priced Focal Listen. But they are very comfortable. Not necessarily underrated but often misunderstood: Neumann NDH 20.
  5. S

Review and Measurements of Lynx Hilo ADC (Part 2)

Isn't it the other way round (ADI-2 better), because the blue curve for the ADI-2 runs below the Hilo in the diagram?
  6. S

Measurements of RME ADI-2 DAC and Headphone Amp

Sorry, i forgot to mention that I was specifically referring to the amplifier measurement carried out with 33 Ohm extra load, not the DAC measurement, if that matters. The new thx 887 looks impressive as well.
  7. S

Measurements of RME ADI-2 DAC and Headphone Amp

These are some very interesting measuring results you have posted here. Thank you for your work. The IEM jack of the ADI-2 DAC seems to be the most distortion free headphone output currently available for power levels < 5.0 mW. Even better then all of the THX AAA models in terms of THD+N vs...
Top Bottom