Search results

1. L

Singxer SA-1 Review (Balanced Headphone Amp)

WOW, amazing results for class A amp.
  2. L

Schiit Jotunheim 2 Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

Flux has almost 1/3 of power in 300ohm test versus the Jot 2.
  3. L

I agree with Amir's review of the DAC section. I think Schiit should have kept the DAC out of this unit completely , it can create lots of confusion for an avg buyer when they search for reviews. After all said and done, imo this is still a better buy even with the DAC module over the $2500 SPL...
  4. L

lol, too sharp and quick hitting with short lived dynamics with OP based amps, hate it. The Senns sound decent with OP based amps. I think cans with V shaped sound signature that are 150 ohm and higher should avoid them.
  5. L

Even if they charged $100 I would not go with the DAC section, I prefer standalone DAC and AMP cuz you can always switch devices. But for an average user this can still be a huge upgrade over onboard stuff they put in motherboards and cheap sound cards if they willing to invest $499 with...
  6. L

Internals of the device show big caps and stuff, its not an OP based amp for sure, something my Beyers cant stand.
  7. L

I think this device should be judged as a headphone amp imo, the DAC board is something you want to add or not to save space.
  8. L

This is a Class A headphone amp, right? then Sinad of 112, 1w at 300 ohms is really impressive.
  9. L

Speaking for the amp only, I think this amp is for 250, 300 and 600ohm cans. Cheaper headphone amp with superior measurements but with much less power will always lose against a headphone amp with more power and with lower measurements if high impendence cans are used. I dont understand why some...
  10. L

Bose QuietComfort 35 II Review (Noise Cancelling Headphone)

I think that has to do with cans being closed back, I went thru same like you since they my first closed back cans, all my other cans are open back. Thing is after 2 months of owning them it went away.
  11. L

I use these for watching TV super late at night cuz I own a co-op, my tv has latency slider, I am able to perfectly match the audio and video.
  12. L

Emotiva BasX A-100 Review (stereo amplifier)

you can have the best transformer in the world inside an amp but if not properly build and designed it can be far worse than this one. Thing is for the money of this amp the performance is not bad at all imo, and there are AVR receivers in $3k range with more distortion than this amp. The...
  13. L

nice nice, i feel good about my bet on these, got them 2 months ago, could not choose this or the Sony ones, but i felt good about Bose for some reason.
  14. L

Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro Review (headphone)

treble brightness on the ears I think is caused by underpowered amp, mismatched amp or just low quality amp like we see today from these popular digital class-d amps that offer no musicality, dynamics, layering, or any life and emotion to sound.
  15. L

Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro Review (headphone)

I would like to add something to this thread about these headphones. I have these same ones for over 6 years now, was running them from PC sound cards and desktop DAC/AMPs, felt something was missing or not right until one day I decided to run them off my Yamaha Intergraded Amp A-S2000 and the...
  16. L

AK4499 vs ES9038Pro / Gustard DAC-X26 vs Gustard DAC-A22

that is true but it goes beyond digital filters, the components and circuitry used outside of the DAC chip is what makes the music of one unit sound so much better than the other.
  17. L

AK4499 vs ES9038Pro / Gustard DAC-X26 vs Gustard DAC-A22

its like arguing that music from a PC with intel and amd sound different, dac chip is just a chip, and these days they can all be perfect at doing zero's and one's to put the music together. it all comes down to many other components and how it is all put together, pre-out section is what makes...
Top Bottom