Search results

1. Gringoaudio1

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Are you kidding? Have you read this thread? This is 100 pages of discussion about Eric calling out Erin and Amir for doing measurements wrong while out of the other side of his mouth saying measurements don’t matter. It’s a shit show. This site is about engineering excellence and good...
  2. Gringoaudio1

Where can I download good quality music for free?

Get the basic free Spotify account. It has all the good music. Oh you want good audio quality music. Nothing good is free.
  3. Gringoaudio1

A simulation is not a measurement.
  4. Gringoaudio1

Proposal: Right to Fair Review (RFR) Association

Reviewers of anything from cars to motorcycles to kitchen appliances should be asked to join. This could be a huge win for consumer rights.
  5. Gringoaudio1

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

There’s no accounting for taste!
  6. Gringoaudio1

Exactly. They (Genelec) look like laundry room appliances. Yuk!
  7. Gringoaudio1

What did Gene suffer?
  8. Gringoaudio1

Truly shows the level of (in)competence. Just because you have stuffed boxes with drivers for 40 years doesn’t make you a subject matter expert. Stuff enough boxes and you will get an idea of what works. Even the blind squirrel eventually finds a nut.
  9. Gringoaudio1

You mean Borderline Personality Disorder?
  10. Gringoaudio1

Eric Alexander - box stuffer
  11. Gringoaudio1

AKSA and other boutique amplifiers

Whoever did those tests and put comments on the graphs thought the results were good. All the hash on the charts provided seems unrelated to 50 or 60 hz from the Mains. Please explain the ‘power supply related mess’ ? I have a small understanding of electronics so bear with me. Thanks.
  12. Gringoaudio1

There seems to be a lack of logic from the designer. First he claims that measurements don’t matter and that he deliberately designed for a particular sound understanding that it would measure poorly and then criticizes the measurements done by the reviewers. Makes no sense!
  13. Gringoaudio1

Plywood is just crap wood with veneer as an outer layer. Veneer is real wood. Peeled off of logs or sliced from logs. Veneered MDF cabinets will perform better in speakers and likely any other applications than any flexible low density plywood cabinets. MDF is just too heavy for some...
  14. Gringoaudio1

Two audiophiles walk into a bar... (finish the joke)

Awesome thread. I needed this.
  15. Gringoaudio1

3-Body Problem

How are you so sure of that checklist? The story and it is a story … is fine with the cast it has. Who in particular bugs you? Frankly I don’t like Auggie, the character of the inventor of the nanofibre. At all. Could have been anyone of any race or colour. She is not tough to look at but maybe...
  16. Gringoaudio1

List of Powered Speakers with HDMI input?

A DAC is for converting digital to analog. HDMI is already digital. What is your proposed chain of devices? HDMI in and pass through HDMI Video out (that carries on to the TV) and analog audio out? That would work for a sound bar with only analog in.
  17. Gringoaudio1

3-Body Problem

Do we need a list of amazing female and black and Asian scientists and their contributions? The reality is that white men are in fact losing ground to women and minorities at the top of the academic world. Slowly of course. White men still dominate in STEM. This is a bad reflection on ASR that...
  18. Gringoaudio1

3-Body Problem

Truly a horrible thing to say. Racist, sexist or out of touch old man. Are you one or more?
  19. Gringoaudio1

PS Audio sent Erin their speaker??!!

I’ve seen felt rings around tweeters on DIYAUDIO. Is that what that is for? Also often cut in patterns with a radial series of points aimed at the center of the tweeter.
  20. Gringoaudio1

PS Audio sent Erin their speaker??!!

Given that the wavelength of higher frequency sounds that can be heard by a human are 2-3 cm long, how can mounting screws for the drivers, which may have irregularities on the fasteners for the screwdriver on the order of mere millimeters have any diffraction effects that are audible? But...
Top Bottom