Search results

1. K

verdict on android Bluetooth resampling

what is the consensus around android defaulting bluetooth resampling to 96khz/32 bit for ldac - leave it despite the source file being 44.1/24 or 48/24 ( apple music) - change to match source ( which could very with each album ) and if you were just to pick one rate which would it be...
  2. K

Whats a good upgrade from a NX1?

So I have the original NX1 which I have been enjoying for while , but now want something with more power to drive full size headphones. Only have Senns 58X at this point - the NX1 is okish with them but I want something with more guts. I see the Nx1s got an average review and others like the...
  3. K

How much SINAD is enough

So been getting upgrade envy lately with some of the latest products returning amazing results - but it had me wondering is it worth it - is there a baseline acceptable performance a product should meet and anything else is just chasing numbers ? Two things : 1) the sound from my average...
  4. K

cheap way to bluetooth enable my dac that wont ruin quality

anybody have any experience with using those cheap CSR8675 bluetooth receivers from aliexpress to stream to a dac. Since they support optical out does this mean it will be my desktop dac that will do the decoding ? i.e does optical out always bypass the onbaord dac.? I dont really want...
  5. K

gain vs power

apologies if this is a dumb question - I was wondering is there a difference between the underlying power an amp puts out to drive headphones vs its gain . So say I am using a JDS Atom with 300ohm headphones, does it make a difference to the performance of the headphone if I am listening at...
  6. K

Is topping NX4 the best desktop option sub $200?

Looking for a desktop solution . Have ruled out modi 3 plus jds atom as after shipping they are pushing 250+. After the NX4 anything else worth considering?
Top Bottom