Search results

1. seedragon

Great room measurement but should I change Dirac's bass roll-off?

That makes sense. I agree that the boominess was probably a level issue, not an extension issue.
  2. seedragon

I removed the bass roll-off in Dirac Live BC. I got meaningful output down to 12 Hz but didn't like how it sounded. With bass-heavy movies like Pacific Rim, there was just too much bass—my ability to differentiate sounds in the sound field plummeted. I almost felt like I was sitting inside of a...
  3. seedragon

How to read RT60 Decay

I'm learning to read REW results better. Does this RT60 Decay result mean that 210 Hz has a T60M decay time of 475ms? Does it also mean that my room's noise floor at 210 Hz is -48 dB?
  4. seedragon

How do great sounding domestic listening rooms measure?

This is fascinating. Does it imply that languages with shorter phonemes (Mandarin?) have tighter decay requirements?
  5. seedragon

How to determine the cause of dynamic compression

UPDATE: I got a new amplifier, which seems to have resolved my issue. It doesn't really make sense to me, but here's my experience. I got a Buckeye Amps NC502MP 4-channel class-D amplifier that outputs 350 WPC into 8 Ohms. It powers my front three (LCR) channels using the SDR-35's pre-outs. I...
  6. seedragon

I got a great measurement (L+R at MLP) after running Dirac Live Bass Control. However, I'm pretty sure my subs (dual 15" ported) can reach lower than that where Dirac set the bass roll-off: ~16 Hz. Can/should I open that up to increase extension, or will that create issues? I might just open...
  7. seedragon

Active Room Treatment (ART) by Dirac

Did they promise ART? I don't remember that when I bought my SDR-35.
  8. seedragon

Same. It's strangely quiet. No "coming soon." Not even on Dirac's site. You'd think vendors would be chomping at the bit to use ART as a competitive advantage.
  9. seedragon

Yeah, I also understand "passive correction" to be about applying filters to a signal as opposed to generating new waves with an active method. I don't think DL or DLBC work this way. Only ART (and Trinnov WaveForming, etc) generates canceling waves.
  10. seedragon

I’m I’m glad that’s the case, but I don’t understand how that can be. To cancel waves of a given amplitude, the anti wave has to be the same amplitude. How are they inaudible?
  11. seedragon

In an interview posted 8 days ago, Mathias Johansson of Dirac said, “Storm Audio is our exclusive partner until October. Right now, I cannot disclose [the other companies], but there are others in line.” At 25:00 Wondering why there’s no word yet. Maybe the exclusivity terms stipulated that...
  12. seedragon

Dirac's own website still says October, so I hope we'll see something within a few days. One would think we would have heard from several manufacturers already since they're always trying to gain a competitive edge but maybe ART was harder to integrate than they thought. Or ART required more...
  13. seedragon

I'm anxious for news, as well. Crossing fingers for ART on JBL Synthesis!
  14. seedragon

How to determine the cause of dynamic compression

I believe I'm hearing dynamic compression as I near reference levels on my system. But I'm not sure if the compression is caused by my speakers reaching their limits or the amplifiers in my AVR reaching theirs. I heard it during a few scenes of Ashoka streaming on Disney+. Is there a way to...
  15. seedragon

Is there any data on the amount of additional amplifier power an ART-enabled system might need over a "passive" approach?
  16. seedragon

Yeah. I don't see a way for Dirac to make a reasonable return on their R&D unless ART gets licensed by more manufacturers. I saw this thread saying ART is running on beta FW for a Denon X6800. Hoping that's not leftover code that'll be disabled or removed at a later date. Dirac ART is now...
  17. seedragon

That looks like a logical step forward from my JBL Synthesis SDR-35. I hope DL ART is made available on the SDR-35, but I wonder whether it can put out enough power on a relatively inefficient 5.2.4 system. The ISR Fusion 20 looks like it can. That said, ~$20k is for an AVR steep. I could get a...
  18. seedragon

Revel M80XC Review (Outdoor Speaker)

To the ceiling. The installers found joists to mount them to.
  19. seedragon

Revel M80XC Review (Outdoor Speaker)

Great review @amirm ! I run 4x M80XC as overheads and they work great. The combination of sound quality and mounting flexibility is really what sets them apart. It's helpful to see that they have some vertical dispersion issues so I'll need to repoint them at the MLP. Thanks!
Top Bottom