Search results

1. X

Please help me get good bass with LS50 WII + KC62

Indeed. Problem is that sub integration must be done correctly and once again you have to go through hassle of measurements, trial error, software, etc. How much deeper do you really need to get in a stereo system beyond 30-35 hz?
  2. X

Please help me get good bass with LS50 WII + KC62

Got here searching for LS60´s input, which I think (by reading several reviews) will outplay the LS50II plus sub everyday of the week. I´m amazed at how much the room acoustics and placement affects sound. I still own and love my LS50W v1 I got half priced when the II´s were launched, and have...
  3. X

StormAudio ISP 16 MK2 Review (AV Processor)

No one that can afford this processor would even think of not using an independent high end phono stage.
  4. X

SMSL D400EX DAC Review

Ok, maybe a silly question but I need to get it out of my system. If price isn’t considered or in a blind testing, Is this DAC really superior to a “high end” DAC of the likes of Pass Labs, Mark Levinson or Naim that measure worst? Or better components would still enhance sound quality over...
  5. X

Review and Measurements of NAD T758 V3 AVR

Thank you! Been saying it for the last 18 months in here. It sounds incredibly good.... No, it measures bad so good sound can´t come out of it. You need to hear it with Dirac on.... No, it should sound good even without Dirac. It measures bad. It´s the cheapest AVR carrying Dirac .... No, the...
  6. X

Review and Measurements of NAD T758 V3 AVR

Same as T758v3, but with eARC and Airplay.
  7. X

Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro Review (headphone)

Well, if you like them, then you shouldn´t be worried. They could measure like the worst headphones in the world and I still would think they sound better than the Senn HD800.
  8. X

Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro Review (headphone)

This version of the DT990 is horrible. But the 600 ohm version is another story. Great bass and, though still a bit bright for my ears, not harsh at all. I also own the DT800 600 ohm and don’t like them. But to assume that the T1 v2 ( don’t know about the v1) will sound like any of its lesser...
  9. X

Review and Measurements of NAD T777 AVR

No sir, I did not. I´m still enjoying the T758 very much. Get the T777 or T778 only if you need more HDMI inputs.
  10. X

KEF LS50 Bookshelf Speaker Review

So how do you like the LS50W? I use three passive ones as my fronts but planning on getting a wireless pair now that new model has come out and price has dropped a bit.
  11. X

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Not at all. Bass, which to my ears was present in the .1 version, has been improved and greatly refined on the v2. The highs are present of course, wouldn´t be a Beyer if not, but it´s not fatiguing. I am very sensitive to treble but I can hear with this for hours without any strain at all. I...
  12. X

At the current prices for the Beyer T1.2 ($650), I really don´t see how anyone could choose another set in that price range. This headphones are absolutely incredible! I still have my Beyer A1 headphone amp and that pairing is heavenly.
  13. X

Don´t go for the 250 ohm model, the 600 ohm is much better. I own both and the difference is noticeable.
  14. X

Well, the Denon is 3x more expensive than the T758. When I said "best sounding" it´s obviously compared to similar priced devices. Anyhow, indeed the very few times I went under the -10dB mark, it did sounded a bit harsh. But the new Dirac update has tamed it a bit. I agree that external amps...
  15. X

Topping A90 Headphone Amplifier Review

Would love to see measurements of the old Beyerdynamic A1, which seems to have disappeared from market as of a few years now. The pairing with the Beyer T90 and T5p is impressive. Don´t own the T1´s but soon enough...
  16. X

Well, nothing new. Of course the 777 is better, at double the price too. I asked clarification about a question from another member, as if to adding external DACS would avoid distortion. But never mind, you already read the measurements, so no need to actually listen to the device. It´s all in...
  17. X

Of course. It´s just my opinion after owning the Denon 4520, Pioneer SC 75 and 85, several Yamaha Aventage, and so forth; all of them great, by the way. I didn´t just read about SINAD, I actually heard the damn thing. Upfront, I don´t listen at less than -6 or -7 dB ever, so there you go...
  18. X

With Dirac Live, of course. And my ears. SINAD? yeah... well.
  19. X

I don´t think the T777's (or T758) DACs are the problem. I understand that, no matter what, distortion will be present since it´s produced by a bad engineering of internal amps, which you can´t turn off even if you use external DACS and amps. Hope someone clarifies this, I´m on the verge of...
  20. X

Denon AVR-X3600H AV Receiver Review

Actually, the x3500 was measured not so long ago, with disappointing results. So Denon must have done a reingeneering on this one.
Top Bottom