Search results

1. markus

Audiophile hobby is a scam?

Cargo cult really, and I don't necessarily mean that in a derogatory way. It's a different way of interacting with the same objects (audio reproduction devices) but largely incompatible with people having a rather objective mindset.
  2. markus

Constant Beamwidth Transducer (CBT) Speakers

You're missing the point: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/constant-beamwidth-transducer-cbt-speakers.12060/post-1954377
  3. markus

Looks like we have a very different understanding of what a scientific study is. All these control room designs from the 70s and 80s are based on trial and error. See Newell "Recording studio design".
  4. markus

Please post references otherwise you're again just claiming something that may or may not apply.
  5. markus

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Measurement Update

Freedom of speech applies and wasn't restricted but freedom of rejecting an idea applies too ;) Making a mountain out of a molehill...
  6. markus

Reading through most of the available literature my conclusion simply is "more research needed". Archimedes was a good start so was Naqvi "The Active Listening Room Simulator".
  7. markus

See, "chemtrails" are real! :) I don't think human stupidity has generally increased. It probably has more to do with human nature and the changed availability of information in this day and age.
  8. markus

That's definitely what most do. Lots do not even understand what they are looking at. An example: I have produced a step by step guide that has numbers in a screenshot. Below the image there's a detailed description for each step using the very same numbers. There were people that did not...
  9. markus

Let's see if that saying holds true...
  10. markus

That's a claim the scientific literature does not support in my opinion. Guess we have to agree to disagree.
  11. markus

I believe so too but it has never been sufficiently tested in psychoacoustic studies, has it? Floor and ceiling bounce is not only a spectral distortion but also a localization cue to our hearing. Now the question becomes "is removing any cue where a speaker is located beneficial to stereo...
  12. markus

Not sure they become omni because of room modes but because of wavelength vs. source/room size. Anyway, it's just how historically most designs work. Omni down low, beaming higher up. But the question is, is this what we actually want? Are other directivity patterns more desirable for stereo...
  13. markus

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Honest reviews, that would be the best outcome. You don't need to have a Klippel NFS to do honest reviews. Even subjective listening is perfectly fine as long as it happens in a bias controlled manner. Mutual interests of businesses and social media influencers have been ruling people's opinions...
  14. markus

...and on and on he goes: First statement is factually false. I leave interpretation of the second statement to you.
  15. markus

Looks like threatening to sue others is the normal mode of operation for @Eric Alexander: https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/interesting-post-from-audio-karma.411513/post-7655813
  16. markus

Great read, thanks. It shows why @Eric Alexander still gets support from Tekton owners. He caters to the anti-measurement crowd and perfectly plays them.
  17. markus

@Eric Alexander seems to have lost any connection to reality, the truth nor has he any moral compass:
  18. markus

I can still see it when not logged in, including the seemingly fake "testimonial" from Professor Edgar Choueiri:
  19. markus

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

Yes, collect and document any evidence of Eric Alexander's damaging actions in the "Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review" thread and provide his lawyers with the link when needed.
  20. markus

@Eric Alexander please post those simulations and measurements so we can work out what could cause such a difference in data. Making claims isn't the same as showing facts. A claim doesn't prove anything. On a general note, Klippel NFS measurements show how a speaker objectively behaves in the...
Top Bottom