Search results

1. cryptout

Properties of speakers that creates a large and precise soundstage

I would say fortunately :cool: , at a very young age I found studio albums way better than live recordings and this has shaped my musical taste.
  2. cryptout

Neumann KH120 II Monitor Review

Okay I’ll let it go hahaha, thanks for the replies.
  3. cryptout

Thanks but I mean a straight comparison on the KH120. I'm curious since I used Sonarworks for many years and am not keen to spend money for a new measurement mic and software if it's basically the same.
  4. cryptout

Trinnov NOVA

It would be nice to rent a system like this and then load the measurements directly into your dsp speakers. Maybe in the future…
  5. cryptout

Why is the result not the same? do we have measurements somewhere that shows the difference?
  6. cryptout

Is MA 1 better than Sonarworks? I already have SW with mic and would want to use this if I buy the 120 II.
  7. cryptout

DynaudioLYD 48s...Enough Bottom end??

I'm also interested in the LYD 48s, good to know they sound good in a similar size room as mine. As to your question, I'm sure you have figured it out by now :-) but yes it works the opposite than what you would expect, I had the same question with my current old BM5a.
  8. cryptout

Sabaj A10h Review (Headphone Amplifier)

That sucks for sure, maybe their quality control is not up to scratch. I have zero issues with mine and have it for almost a year now.
  9. cryptout

Best USB Dongle DAC for iPhone?

Good tip, I'm going to try this one too. I'm not happy with extra cables between my dac (S8) and my iphone, this might be the solution.
  10. cryptout

What headphone(s) do you own ?

For me the resistor/relay volume control is one of the selling points. It's very precise and comes with a remote control.
  11. cryptout

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Nice, I almost got that amp but went a different direction and now have the Sabaj h20a.
  12. cryptout

Are db levels shown on DAC display after DAC chip processing?

I think it's to avoid digital clipping when upsampling a source. I see that OP mentions Linux so my recommendation for Sonarworks or Equalizer APO is invalid. I'm not very familiar with Pulseaudio but with Alsa or MPD you can easily attenuate the volume.
  13. cryptout

Are db levels shown on DAC display after DAC chip processing?

I use Sonarworks (now called Sound ID) and attenuate there. There is also free software like Equalizer APO where you can do the same.
  14. cryptout

To my amazement the A20h got delivered today. No shipment warning nothing, it was a pleasant surprise. I really love the remotely adjustable volume. I'll refrain from describing how it sound because I suck at that. The headphone connection at the back is a bit getting used to, I might put a...
  15. cryptout

I’ve got a d50s, not balanced but it should not matter much.
  16. cryptout

I've just ordered this, upgrading from my Atom v1 mainly for the remote resistor volume control.
  17. cryptout

Review: Apple vs Google USB-C Headphone Adapters

New probably not, unless you want to go with a dongle DAC and breakout cables.
  18. cryptout

Review: Apple vs Google USB-C Headphone Adapters

The JDS Atom DAC+ seems like a nice fit. Or else pretty much any Topping DAC.
  19. cryptout

Comfort and Quality Upgrade?

It's best to have breaks when working with headphones. Also keep the volume down as much as possible. I can wear my HD600's for hours but I've learned to take breaks at least once every hour.
Top Bottom