Search results

1. Trdat

PA DSP Options Mixer Vs DBX PA2

I am keen to understand more about a decent option of DSP for a large venue. The sound engineer for the venue states that the QSC TouchMix 30 Pro has DSP and the specifications on the website does mention "room wizard to simplify equalization tasks." Does this DSP have enough taps and how would...
  2. Trdat

Increasing Pitch on Audio Players

When increasing pitch on any audio player such as Jriver or any other device the music turns strained or just doesn't sound as good as the original BPM. But when a DJ speeds up the BPM on his decks you don't get the same effect barely noticing that the speed/pitch difference till put in...
  3. Trdat

Switched Amps. Where Could The Difference Be Coming From?

I switched the amp for 3 way bookshelf speaker from my long time serving NC252MP to the NC502MP because I wanted more power and because the NC252MP clipps now and again when I push it hard on my Marantz AVR. To be honest, I was dissapointed. No doubt, no difference in the general sonic nature...
  4. Trdat

Does BTL mode change the input sensitivity?

Essentially I have a Hypex NC502MP and two NC122MP and an NC252MP. My 3 way standard system is doing okay with the NC252MP but when I push it hard it clips and I have been lazy to drop in the NC502 to see if I get more power, but I am wondering what the limits of the actual speakers is and...
  5. Trdat

Push push subwoofer design

My current subwoofers are a dual subs with the RSS315HO driver in an elongated cabinet around 60 litres, unfortunately it's not braced but it has double thickness for the side walls and front and back. I am considering adding a second subwoofer to the other side of the cabinet and if I am not...
  6. Trdat

Do we know if adding directivity to the bass frequencies adds to the sound quality?

I do not know much more than the concepts that uniform directivity is one feature of good sound quality, I also understand getting that uniform directivity down as low as possible is also another feature of good sound quality. Its obvious why we do not have commercial designs that have uniform...
  7. Trdat

BTL Mode For Hypex NC Amps Quick Question

I just have to get this concept off my chest so apologize if its a really weird one. Can I BTL from two different powered Hypex amps? Meaning if I have a NC502MP and NC252MP and in order to get stereo I would use the plus from the NC252 and the plus from the NC502 for one channel and for the...
  8. Trdat

Does The Inductor, Capacitor or Box Volume Have Most Effect on Impedance?

Apologies for the amatuer question, but my woofer in my 3 way DIY speaker drops down to 3.3 ohms and I have two spare amps that I can BTL if it wasn't for the drop in ohms, I can use them as they have more power than my current amp. The woofer driver impedance graph from the manufacturer has it...
  9. Trdat

How Is This Dolby Atmos?

I thought Dolby Atmos was something like 11.1 channels is there something I have misunderstood? How can a sound bar be considered Dolby Atmos? https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/arc
  10. Trdat

Opinions On 2 Different Methods Of Correcting 4 Subs

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has experience or has an evidence based approach of the differences between correcting 4 subs from the AVR summed as one and DSP corrected with a software such as Audiolense vs 4 subs from the AVR into a minidsp or Dayton DSP correcting 4 subs with seperate...
  11. Trdat

Using A Contour Plot for a Polar Plot for Directivity Matching

Just curious when one is looking for a polar plot to match a tweeter with a woofer can the horizontal and vertical contour plot from the Klippel measurements be used as a polar plot to match directivity? I take the easy way out and opt out of measuring and am a DIY guy who looks for polar...
  12. Trdat

Measuring With UDIO-8 and a Focusrite SPDIF Out

I need help from someone with experience with either, Audiolense, UDIO-8 or Focusrite Audio Interface or even better, preferably all. Might be a hard ask... What I am doing is specific but in order to use the minidsp ASIO driver for measuring within Audiolense I need to choose both input and...
  13. Trdat

Need Help With Focusrtie Scarlett 1st Gen Routing For SPDIF Out

I bought this second hand and not sure if I can register to get support from the company. I am trying to connect the Scarlet to my DAC from the SPDIF out to use with REW. I just can't get check levels to get any sound out of it in the measurement box in REW. Any ideas? This is what my mix...
  14. Trdat

Eq-ing Concepts and Biquad Understanding

I just want to get a few things down pat with using biquads, well with any Eq-ing. I understand the goal is to attenuate peaks and dips and most of the time we get these around the crossover over region. But, lets say you get good SPL support across the frequency response around the crossover...
  15. Trdat

Setting Speaker Delay in Hypex Design Filter

How do I figure out delay in general? I think I am looking at a impulse reponse? Also, what is the average figures to delay a tweeter? DO I also delay a midwoofer in a 3 way?
  16. Trdat

What To Look For In Measureemnts When Switching Absorber Panels

I switched some of my absorber panels from 100kg2 density to a significantly lower density of 34kg2. In acoustic simulation programs the lower density yields significantly more air flow reistivity which gives better broadband absorbtion down to around 100hz. Although, I have had many more...
  17. Trdat

Any Cheaper Alternative To Duratex Archy Tech Coatings

Just curious if there is any equivalient product to the Duratex Archy Tech Speaker Cabinet coating? It is essentially a a thick scratch resistant paint that protects speakers that is easy to roll on or spray on. Only downside is that it isn't the most attractive finish but that's fine. It's...
  18. Trdat

Understanding More About B Format Measurements and CATT ReflPhinder

Apologise about the title as what I actually want to know is if you can get directional understanding using CATT ReflPhinder with an Omni mic? (Where the reflection comes from) And do we know about its spectral content from the software? Or what frequency that reflection is? And if that comes...
  19. Trdat

Removing Limiter From An Amp

I have the Chinese Version of the SoundTown ST that has been measured here on ASR. Mine is the Sinbosen 4 channel K4-450 amp which I presume is the same as the Sountown. I can see from the measurements that the power down low is very very weak and the use as a subwoofer amp is not feasable. I am...
  20. Trdat

How Does DSP Handle Off Axis Response

To be honest, I don't even know how to work a passive crossover to get a similar off axis repsonse to the on axis. But as I know it is possible how does DSP, I use Audiolense, handle the off axis response or does it? I am aware of that cutting of the unecessary frequency off with a good...
Top Bottom