Search results

1. ernestcarl

Post a speaker/driver recovery, repair, restoration or "upgrade" video

While it really does not have to be of the vintage kind... many out there will be of much older or discontinued speakers. Recovery HF Compression Driver Tweeter Restoration Completed Step by Step |EAW DN14/3001-8 MQM1394e And just to be clear, by "upgrade" I don't mean the kind of stuff...
  2. ernestcarl

0dBFS sweeps in REW may not represent the maximum SPL of the system

I asked a rather off-topic question in the ff. post asking why my measured SPL peaks with music playback went above the measured 0dBFS full-range sweep traces generated in REW...
  3. ernestcarl

Presonus Sceptre S8 (optimized) & compared to Neumann KH120

I've had these two speakers for a very long time, but I've never really gone into a detailed comparison between these two side-by-side before. This exercise is going to be divided into sections, so just skip ahead to the areas of interest to you. Also, I'm going to be focusing on the Sceptres...
  4. ernestcarl

An experiment in "extreme" toe-in for the Sceptre S8 coaxial/coactual monitors

Room dimension: 3.3 x 4.9 m / 11 x 16 ft The couch is 11-inches from the back wall. The Speakers are about in the middle of the room's length almost touching the sidewalls, say, an inch. This room is clearly over-damped (haphazardly), and I would have preferred to do my measurements with/out...
Top Bottom