Search results

1. Tangband

Can you hear a difference between audio cables? ABX test

This gives ASR a bad reputation on other forums
  2. Tangband

Its good that we now can say, thanks to pma, that different RCA cables CAN sound different without being called an idiot and that we now can say this without the risk of being suspended . ASR is moving forward :) This is good for the forum.
  3. Tangband

Pma, you wrote ”do not think there may be any doubts that a poorly constructed SE cable may bring an audible difference” . Is that so ? ( I agree with you - there are sometimes audible differences with RCA cables as you have shown ) . The ABX 16/16 result shows it. Remember that you can be...
  4. Tangband

Its called nocebo. Its like when people say they cant hear the difference between a kitchen radio and a Genelec monitor. You can fool yourself that there are no audible differences.
  5. Tangband

Kef blade 2 meta frequency response

5 Hz lower in any passive loudspeaker with the help of dsp = https://audioxpress.com/files/attachment/2721 Any modern, good streamer have this dsp option, like WiiM pro or eversolo dmp a8
  6. Tangband

Fosi v3 Mono | TPA3255 PFFB | Balanced | [First Look from Fosi FB]

Apart from the advantage of infinite channel separation with a mono poweramp ….The mono power amp will have separate power supplies for the two stereo channels - in an ordinary stereo tpa3255 the powersupply at 32V 5A will be shared by two channels, having only 2.5A per channel at full blast...
  7. Tangband

I dont know what Kef means with smaller rooms with blade 2 meta ( they say so in the paper , not my words ) . Maybe they mean european living rooms ? No problem using subs below 30 Hz but why should you in such an expensive speaker ? its 8 bass drivers 6.5 inch big so there would be no problem...
  8. Tangband

Markaudio CHN 110 building and comparisons with Genelec 8340 SAM monitors

I have changed my speaker position in the room . Using the average fuction in audiotools, the measurements done with line audio om1 between 200-20000 Hz is 1 meter from one speaker, on axis and 15 degrees off axis . This resulted in slightly different corrections in the midrange and a better...
  9. Tangband

Is there a better fullrange driver than Markaudio chn110 ?

When I did my rather simple dsp corrections for my chn110 building, I measured only one speaker from a distance of 1 meter 200-20000 Hz, on axis and 15 degrees off axis, ( used the average function in audiotools and a line audio om1 ) and the frequencies below 200 Hz was measured from the...
  10. Tangband

If I find a better driver for midrange and treble than chn110 I might build a ported, ls60 inspired speaker, keeping my two chn110 for bass duty up to 250 Hz and buying two more of those in two 50 liter cabinets ( two sidemounted chn110 at each upper side of each speaker, like in the picture. )
  11. Tangband

chn110 seems to sound rather good without corrections but needs baffle step correction and other frequency corrections like all fullrange drivers. Yes, a dsp PEQ is very useful.
  12. Tangband

Looking at the measurements with dsp corrections of ppataki:s Markaudio chn110 speakers measures better than any other fullrange speaker I have seen measurements from. Here is his building thread with all measurements ...
  13. Tangband

Moondrop LAN Review

Again, I bought those earplugs and Im sorry to say they are uncomfortable and the sound is clearly inferior to the much more expensive Apple airpod 2. There might be something wrong with my Moondrop LANs but then I wonder about the quality control. If they are as they should, then the Harman...
  14. Tangband

True, the undertuning of the reflex system might even be an advantage with smaller rooms with lots of roomgain. But in a big room, an undertuning slightly above 30 Hz is not particularly low, and the frequency slope of the bass needs some boost if there is little roomgain. This is not a really...
  15. Tangband

Yes, lower distortion in the newer models. Both old and new need some shelving in the deep bass to be fullrange if freestanding away from walls .
  16. Tangband

What is it with the KEF Blade (meta)?

Genelecs coaxial is probably developed to be used in a dsp speaker with frequency correction. Not having to deal with a ruler flat response from the driver, as one must do in a passive construction ( Kef ), one can instead optimize other parameters, like sensitivity.
  17. Tangband

What is it with the KEF Blade (meta)?

What you heard regarding the differences between Blade Meta and Ref5M is probably the lack of diffraction from the cabinet with the Kef blade Meta.
  18. Tangband

No, but I have listened to them :)
  19. Tangband

It will be interesting If Erin also experience the slight lack of very deep bass between 20-30 Hz that I experienced with the Kef blade 2 . This speaker seams to be slightly undertuned, so the deep bass might be more prominent with another placement of the speakers. Otherwise a rather perfect...
  20. Tangband

Fosi v3 Mono | TPA3255 PFFB | Balanced | [First Look from Fosi FB]

Good with an external SMPS supply - If it fails then its easy to replace.
Top Bottom