Search results

1. J

M106 distortion

It's probably in the recording but it just is more obvious with Revel speakers given their extremely wide dispersion.
  2. J

Børresen M1

There's only so much you can do with a design like this when there's such a huge disparity between the dispersion patterns of the drivers. For such expensive speakers they are seriously limited by "placement" issues.
  3. J

Kef Reference Meta reduced prices when new model released question

I would assume the next refresh would involve a cabinet redesign next gen. So likely the resale value will be relatively lower with meta when the next gen comes.
  4. J

How're the new Ascend Acoustics Luna V2 Mini Monitors?

I hope they make a Titan dome version of the Luna v2.
  5. J

What to get instead of Yamaha R-N2000A?

To run DL calibration you need internet access.
  6. J

End Game Speakers - The Quest Continues

What about TAD CR1? It's the one Fang Bian has in his office lol
  7. J

How Many Inches?

I'm a size queen
  8. J

KEF Ci250RRM

I feel like this driver could go into something like a Revel Gem 2-form factor and could be sold as a bookshelf version of the Blade or something... A pair of these with some subs would make a really interesting HT setup. High dynamic range, point source coaxial with zero IMD (or excursion)...
  9. J

New Hi Fi system is bright :(

Most bookshelf speakers with limited bass extension will sound "bright" in a larger room. Either add a sub or if your listening levels aren't high, boost the bass slightly.
  10. J

Yamaha R-N1000-A vs R-N800A

Interesting, the R-N1000A has an e-core like the A-S801 but the higher end model R-N2000A have toroidal transformers. It explains why when I had the 801 next to the 2000 side by side, there was amp hum on the 2000 but the 801 was dead silent--different amp typologies.
  11. J

Is the Yamaha A-S 1200 integrated amplifier so mediocre in terms of instrumental measurements?

If you think these look bad, nothing can be worse than the cyclops aesthetic of the current Aventage line...easily the ugliest receiver on the market.
  12. J

KEF R series (2018) vs REFERENCE(2014?!)

To me there's nothing that quite beats the looks of the Rosewood finish of the Reference 1s...
  13. J

How spacious sounding are the Genelec The Ones?

All my comparisons were done with other coaxials so I doubt it.
  14. J

Just a theory. Regardless, several dealers and listeners have made the same observations about the Ones. If it's not that region then its something else causing it.
  15. J

The Ones sound like you are sitting the front row of a recording rather than somewhere in the back. This likely has to do with the excess sound power energy around 300-800 hz with Genelec The Ones, making the percussion range sound a lot louder than is typical with most speakers. If you are...
  16. J

TAD CR1

The used prices on the TAD CR1s are much more reasonable than retail. That said, TAD speakers tend to sound a little bit bright because the off-axis response doesn't have that gradual dropoff like you see with a lot of more modern designs from Revel or Kef. The best analogy I can give is if...
  17. J

Buchardt Audio SUB10

I wonder how this will compete with the Kef T2
  18. J

Purchase advice after Genelec 8341

Funny enough when I was setting up my 8341s I talked to a Genelec rep and told her I thought the speakers sounded better with Dirac Live than GLM, and she agreed and said it was probably because DL has a more advanced algorithm, that GLM was just derivative of REW and wasn’t comparable as a room...
  19. J

Purchase advice after Genelec 8341

The Ascend Sierra LX is probably the best measuring speaker for the money combined with decent dynamic abilities with the woofer. If you prefer coaxials though, then the R3 Meta would be hard to beat for the cost. I'd avoid the LS50 given your previous experience with compression, sounds like...
  20. J

Revel F208 versus Studio 2?

That rear firing tweeter design is pretty interesting. But I'd be always worried about having one more side of the speakers being vulnerable to damage.
Top Bottom