Search results

1. L

MEIZU Hifi Pro USB-C Phone Dongle DAC Review

Thats strange, doesnt really make sense why it got discontinued while the standard version is still there, considering it has been a popular model. One can only hope a newer version coming soon?
  2. L

About dongle Dacs

As long as the dongle isn't majorly flawed, a good dongle DAC/AMP should be accurate / have good transparency, and deliver good power. Not sure about the performance of the Sharkoon, but two of the most well regarded dongles on here are the Meizu Hifi Pro and Tempotec Sonata HD Pro (Rebranded as...
  3. L

Potential New 3.5mm USB-C Dongles & USB DAC/AMPs

That is great to hear that you are enjoying your DD TC35B. What do you mean by "its quality isn't the best of the best" by the way, are you referring to its build?
  4. L

All additions today, the Lotoo PAW S1 looks especially promising: Lotoo PAW S1 https://shop.musicteck.com/products/lotoo-paw-s1-portable-usb-dac-amp?variant=31934899290174 RRP $165 3.5mm:70mW/ch @32Ω, 4.4mm:120mW/ch @32Ω OLED 128x32 Screen THD+N.. Low gain: -106dB(0.0005%), High gain...
  5. L

Thank you, I've added the MBquart DAC. The Yulin S2 is already in the list as Yunlumei S2.
  6. L

Dense Audio Adapt Reference Headphone Adapter Review

Have the ER4XR and also have a few dongles, your Samsung dongle will deliver more than enough power to the Etys, I recommend getting the Etys first before making a decision on dongle.
  7. L

affordable USB-C headphone dongle for Samsung S20+ ?

If you're in Australia and have access to Samsung EPP/Education portals, you can get the Samsung S20 for around AU$800 (~US$520) after Rakuten cashback. Pretty sweet deal for a flagship, but we get the inferior exynos chip and not snapdragon.
  8. L

Thanks, looks like a lot of branded dongles that use Qualcomm WHS9415 are probably from the same manufacturer (Cabledo) as they all have the same appearance. e.g. https://www.cabledo.com/cabledo-qualcomm-hifi-dac-headphone-amplifier/ https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000341237768.html...
  9. L

Dense Audio Adapt Reference Headphone Adapter Review

These recent dongle/USB reviews have certainly shown how far they have come, another great option to the mix. Distortion levels in the 300 Ohm load in between DX3 Pro High/Low gain is very impressive and better than Hidizs S8/Meizu Hifi Pro who deliver similar amounts of power.
  10. L

I started this list to only include DACs that have yet to be reviewed on ASR at the time of posting, DACs like the Hidizs S8 and Meizu Hifi Pro had already been reviewed. I do have and love my Sonata HD Pro though, agree its performance is awesome.
  11. L

Great to see that ASR's reviews of the Zorloo Ztella, Earstudio HUD1000 & Xduoo Link are out. Only real disappointment was the Xduoo Link, but the other two options were decent. Have just added DD T35B to the list, an interesting option that's probably only the size of a jelly bean. DD TC35B...
  12. L

Earstudio HUD100 Portable Headphone DAC & Amp Review

Thanks for the review Amir! I think HUD100 is one of the better options for those who want an unbalanced DAC/AMP that can deliver plenty of power while still remaining portable for commuting. I'm interested in something portable without batteries (as I'm terrible at remembering to recharge /...
  13. L

Zorloo Ztella MQA Phone Headphone Adapter Review

If I am not mistaken, MQA has ESS Sabre 9281CPRO while standard is the 9270. Great to see a dongle delivering even more power than the Meizu.
  14. L

I know it's a bit borderline to call this a USB/DAC (though a size calculation with provided dimensions shows it is only ~21% bigger than an E1DA 9038S), but have just added the Radsone Earstudio HUD1000 that was announced earlier today. I know there are many fans of the Radsone ES100 so might...
  15. L

Sorry going to limit this post to "3.5mm USB-C Dongles & USB DAC/AMPs" that has a very small form factor and uses the devices power, which excludes wireless DAC/AMPs. Just added clarification to post.
  16. L

Sorry going to try to limit this list to 3.5mm DAC/AMP combos only
  17. L

Thanks have added, looks interesting
  18. L

[Last Updated - 18 June 2020] Hi all, Just compiled a list of some of the new potential portable DAC/AMP options in the form of USB-C dongles or USB DAC/AMPs yet to be reviewed on ASR, maybe can be a good reference for new releases / DACs to send to Amir. I am very interested in them due to...
Top Bottom