Search results

1. SRKRAM

Audeze LCD-XC 21 & effects of small venting

I would have expected more responses to your post on the main forum thread than on the review thread. I think I was the only one to reply on the main thread. As I wrote there, there was some discussion about using rubber o-rings as cup spacers. It's been a while since I sold my XCs, but I do...
  2. SRKRAM

Audeze LCD-X Review (2021 Edition Headphone)

30 days is from delivery. Why was a replacement not on the table? Why not request a refund and purchase elsewhere if they don't offer a replacement?
  3. SRKRAM

Audeze LCD-X Review (2021 Edition Headphone)

It's understandable that you're annoyed. You have a right to return them for a full refund if they're faulty within 30 days... Unless you damaged them when trying to repair them. I presume that when you stuck the pads back on it was with the existing adhesive. Where did you buy them? A number...
  4. SRKRAM

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Great descriptions and really helpful - thanks. I've owned several of the cans on your ex list and your thoughts pretty much align with mine. I'm curious what source you use though?
  5. SRKRAM

New DAC chip from ROHM

I came this thread because the new ibasso DX320 uses a ROHM DAC chip. Interesting to see the claims of how the bond wire material affects sound. I suppose they saw that no other DAC manufactures had made similar claims and saw it as a way to differentiate themselves. It gave me flashbacks to my...
  6. SRKRAM

THX Onyx Review (headphone adapter)

That's what I saw. I just wondered if I was missing something and there was something new.
  7. SRKRAM

THX Onyx Review (headphone adapter)

The firmware from a year ago or is there something newer?
  8. SRKRAM

CHORD Mojo 2 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

Sorry to have wasted your time.
  9. SRKRAM

As I mentioned, I found the treble of the mojo 2 quite jarring when I first heard it. It's sharper than the mojo OG, and I didn't like it at first. They would be quite easy to tell apart.
  10. SRKRAM

I've owned a Mojo 2 since day 1 in the UK, and it suits my use case pretty well, which is listening around the house; in my office, on the sofa or in the garden. The headphones I use it with are Denon D9200, Focal Clear & Audeze LCD-X 2021. I like the design, although I do wish it had USB-C for...
  11. SRKRAM

Here's a photo of my mojo 2's pcba. No sign of anything from cmedia. I remember reading Rob Watts saying that the USB receiver is implemented in FPGA, but he didn't do that part. I also recall him writing that all chord products utilise the same USB implementation. I've owned the mojo OG and 2...
  12. SRKRAM

Topping DX7 Pro DAC and Headphone Amp Reviewed

I have owned both, but not at the same time. From what I recall of them (to my ears), the DX7 sounded quite detailed, but a little lean, while Deckard was smoother with less raw detail, but also had a little hum under certain circumstances. The Deckard is very powerful - Much more power than...
  13. SRKRAM

Thanks for the PM - Just replied. Here's a post about the issue I had with mine, and I made a few other posts about the actual replacement. https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/topping-dx7-pro-dac-and-headphone-amp-reviewed.9446/post-517971
  14. SRKRAM

If anybody needs a new display / volume controller board for their DX7 pro, send me a message. The volume control on my DX7 pro was faulty so I ordered a replacement board but ended up with 2 because the first was delayed in the post.
  15. SRKRAM

Excellent Presentation on Headphone Measurements

Really enlightening talk, thanks Dan. Very interesting and well explained how harmonic distortion can give the impression of detail. Explains why a particular brand whose headphones have very high distortion claim that they are the most detailed.
  16. SRKRAM

Review and Measurements of Chord Mojo DAC and Amp

After Darko announced that he wouldn't review and more DACs for the rest of the year he's now released 2 videos about the mojo 2.
  17. SRKRAM

I wondered what was going on when, a few days before the mojo 2 launch, Darko announced that he wasn't going to cover DACs any more, at least for the rest of the year because they have less of an impact on the overall system sound. The article was accompanied by a picture of a mojo OG. I...
  18. SRKRAM

Here's the mojo 2 if interested (I just blanked out a couple of marks which I thought could be used for identification):
  19. SRKRAM

If yo like the OG mojo, you might not actually like the mojo 2. The OG has a good level of detail, but sounded quite intimate and natural to me. The mojo 2 sounds brighter and harder - I thought I liked 'transparent' sound, but not like this. I'll give it a bit of time though. At the moment it...
  20. SRKRAM

I bought a new mojo in late 2020 and the PCB revision is from 22/03/2017 as can be seen from the photo attached. Not sure if there have been any later revisions. This one picked up less noise from my mobile than the first mojo which I bought, but I recon that's due to 2G mobile not being used...
Top Bottom