Search results

1. B

Sennheiser HD600 Review (Headphone)

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/connection-and-navigation-to-in-asr-slow-or-times-out.23178/page-3#post-776520 Agree except for the last line - the bass 'boost' comes from Harman's Dr. Sean Olive et al's research which showed that target reference line is the...
  2. B

That's where the tiny but powerful Qudelix 5K with its built-in hardware parametric equalizer comes in ;) Once set-up it's literally plug and play (or even minus the plug if using Bluetooth!), and any settings are easily controllable via the brilliant app. It really is a game-changer, with huge...
  3. B

The HD6XX and HD650 are exactly the same apart from the paint job.
  4. B

Despite disagreeing with you, I'll try to give you the grown-up reply you (and everyone) deserve, sans any aggressive, contemptuous rudeness. I also listen primarily from my phone (audibly transparent and powerful enough for most of my headphones), but in terms of EQ things have improved a lot...
  5. B

Sennheiser’s headphone business has been bought by hearing aid manufacturer Sonova

We all know the real reason for this move - so Sennheiser can bundle hearing aids in with their HD600 and HD650, in order to prevent anymore people with presbycusis and NIHL defaming them with wild, unsubstantiated accusations that they're selling the same headphone under different monickers ;)
  6. B

Shanling UP4 Review (DAC & BT Headphone Adapter)

Note the measurements shown on the first page of the Qudelix 5K review are still incorrect due to the sample rate being set to 96 kHz despite the test signal being 44.1 kHz. The re-done measurement with the sample rate set correctly shows less distortion, with all harmonic products less than -90...
  7. B

High-end bluetooth DAC without volume control

The Qudelix 5K has volume buttons on the sides but you can disable them with the accompanying app. I'd say it's the best portable Bluetooth DAC available considering it has an in-built fully parametric equalizer for system-wide EQing from any source (including over LDAC), 4V max output...
  8. B

What set of measurements can equate two DACs?

What's repeatedly overlooked is that the distortion of the transducers at the end of the audio reproduction chain will be far higher than that of the vast majority of DACs/amps. So even if you had the $60,000 Sennheiser HE1, the lowest distorting headphones in the world at 0.01% THD (-80dB), the...
  9. B

AudioQuest Dragonfly Cobalt Review (Portable Headphone Adapter)

Nope, it was also poor for its time (Archimago's measurements): Beaten by Samsung's audibly transparent Galaxy Note 5, released way back in 2015. There's nothing more portable then the phone that's already in your pocket.
  10. B

Yeah a typically blinkered anglo-/USA-centric perspective plays a role here in forming this false belief. Why only consider the US? But even given that restriction it's faulty thinking for the topic in question. Market share is not what matters here. The argument I refuted was 'hardly any phones...
  11. B

As I said previously in this post, this is not actually true. Here is an updated list of the top-selling phones over the last couple of years: Every single one of the non-Apple phones above has a headphone jack. Then there are big-name brands such as Sony, Motorola and Nokia who have brought...
  12. B

Yeah they're 5 year old mid-rangers. Most modern flagship smartphones (or even many mid-rangers these days) will be audibly transparent.
  13. B

PS Audio speaks

Heads up, there's a typo in the thread title - you accidentally missed out a word at the end: 'bullshit'.
  14. B

Tidal’s New Lossless Tier Says Goodbye to MQA (but does it really?)

I'd suggest you change the title of this thread to match the (new) article title to avoid further confusion. We have more than enough misleading information coming from Tidal and MQA themselves...
  15. B

Hifiman Sundara Review (headphone)

Then there's even less justification for your claims, if you're talking about them all EQed to the same target using Oratory's settings (I presume +7dB in the sub-bass for the Sundara to match the target). When the objective evidence does not support a sighted, uncontrolled, non-level matched...
  16. B

That supposed (comparative) muddiness is not supported by the measurements in any way whatsoever: In fact quite the opposite, with the HE400i lacking in the upper-mids / treble, and with worse high-frequency extension. Unless you consider the better bass extension of the HE4XX 'muddiness' :D...
  17. B

Looks like this is from a new measurement he's done himself, instead of using a measurement by @Resolve previously, which also means Oratory would have listened to them and fine-tuned his EQ accordingly, unlike before. I suspect he's limited the default bass boost to under the target for a...
  18. B

Understanding Audio Frequency Response & Psychoacoustics (Video)

Luckily I've found my reply was still in my clipboard (slightly edited):
Top Bottom