Search results

1. Berwhale

in ear with mmcx changeable cable?

Although many might find the deep insertion required by the Etys not much fun either. I think there are several IEMs (with MMCX connectors) that can be worn with the cable around the ear or straight down. I think my MEEAudio Pinnacle P1's claim to be able to be worn both ways (although I think...
  2. Berwhale

in ear with mmcx changeable cable?

Are you looking for an IEM with an MMCX connector with a straight cable? (i.e. no ear hook) Maybe something like the Final Audio E4000? https://snext-final.com/en/products/detail/E4000
  3. Berwhale

Shogun

You can't turn the sky crimson with peanuts :)
  4. Berwhale

Break from Tekton Thread

Yes, that traditional British staple, sold by an American company, based in Ireland, and made in the Netherlands :facepalm: (I still love it though!)
  5. Berwhale

Help me create a personalized EQ tool

I get that using sounds generated in a controlled fashion (i.e. tones and sweeps), but the OP's premise is that the EQ is evolved by listening to a 'familiar track' (which will be very much subject to the circle of confusion) with random EQ applied (which is just adding more confusion). It...
  6. Berwhale

Given that the circle of confusion is a thing, does a personal EQ even make sense? Would it not be better to train oneself to be more tolerant of broader range of frequency responses in a wider range of conditions? It seems to me that pursuing a personalized EQ is going to lead to an ever...
  7. Berwhale

When did you last listen to live music

Listening right now. I think they are the Majorcan Los Lobo's (they really quite good actually)
  8. Berwhale

I don't think the concept of 5-6 truly randomised EQ variations makes any sense. This is the sort of input you might give to a genetic algorithm, not a human who is going to get bored very quickly.
  9. Berwhale

Pics you’ve taken,

View from the rooftop sofa I'm laying on in Majorca.
  10. Berwhale

Moondrop x Crinacle DUSK

I like the sound of the Buds Pro, but I find it difficult to keep them in my ears, which is a bit of an issue when i'm trying to walk the dogs!
  11. Berwhale

What pets have you had? Post pics of your pets, previous or now. Why do I love my pet so much?

Tsk! I thought someone would have got my killer poke reference after a year and a half... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killer_poke He's lovely! Our two are the offspring of a Parti Poodle and a Maltese cross, so we call them 'Multipoos', rather than 'Maltipoos' :)
  12. Berwhale

Electric toothbrushes

I bought my Oral-B Pro 2 2500 in 2019, it's a black one and it's still working fine. I prefer it to the much more expensive Sonicare I have before.
  13. Berwhale

Network switch without any leds at all, does it exists ?

I'm still not sold on the utility of PoE at home. I get it in an enterprise environment where you might want to power hundreds of IP phones and APs, but I only have a couple of PoE capable cameras at home and it's easy for me to power those with a couple of PoE injectors from a local power...
  14. Berwhale

Show us your Raspberry PIs, Intel NUCs and other mini PCs!

The new Mini PC arrived, it is tiny... I wiped the disk - there are some reports PCs arriving from China with malware on them, although people have reported that these are OK - and re-installed Windows 11 from my clean installation disk, the Windows 11 Pro license was picked up from the BIOS...
  15. Berwhale

TAD R1 and JBL Everest DD66000 found at a dump after a flood

Well you have mine anyway :) I hope you and your family are doing OK.
  16. Berwhale

What is on your workbench right now?

Sometimes, when I get nervous, I take things apart... This is a Logitech G604 mouse. The left button occasionally does a double click when only a single click is requested. Scuttlebutt on the internet suggests that an air duster might fix it. I've tried this externally, and I think it...
  17. Berwhale

The web managed switches have some capabilities that are nice to have like link speeds and bad packets. Here's the stats from my 8 port switch in the lounge... It can also run cable tests and I use link aggregation (LAG) to connect my bigger switches with dual cables.
  18. Berwhale

I have several TP-Link Easy Smart swtiches. I can turn the LEDs off on the 16 port one... I checked the 8 port one and that has the option as well. I also have a 5 port one somewhere, the UI is exactly the same, so I expect it has the same option. I suspect that other brands 'web managed'...
  19. Berwhale

TV Series Suggestion Please

I liked the 1st episode, looking forward to the watching the rest of them. I was reminded of The Nine Billion Names of God at the end of the 1st episode (I'm not suggesting that there is any connection, it just made me think of it)
  20. Berwhale

TV Series Suggestion Please

I'm now 5 episodes in, it is excellent. There was an interesting article in the Grauniad today about it: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/mar/24/shogun-why-the-english-samurais-life-and-legacy-still-grip-japan-400-years-on
Top Bottom