Search results

1. staticV3

A feature request for easier thread discussion.

It would be neat if whenever you write something like "this was already discussed in post #36", the #36 would automatically be turned into a hyperlink (#36), leading to said post in that thread. False positives where people are referring to something else with # plus a number should be pretty rare.
  2. staticV3

Feature request: Native support for more file formats (.CSV, .MDAT, and co. )

Please add support for these file formats so that we can upload them directly, instead of doing that Zip->Upload->Download->Unzip ritual every time. Also nice to have would be support for more advanced image and video formats so that we can retain quality while saving @amirm bandwidth costs for...
  3. staticV3

Strange occurrence: 1st threads by new members are deleted shortly after posting

I've noticed this occurring more and more frequently these past few weeks. A new ASR member creates their first or second thread to get help with something, I see it, post my reply, and a minute later the thread is gone. Sometimes it reappears, other times not. And it's never anything...
  4. staticV3

Strange discrepancy between REW FFT and Audition FFT

When generating sine tones in REW, exporting as WAV, then analyzing in both Audition and REW, the results are identical: However, when I generate and export the tone in Audition, then run the FFT with both programs, it looks like this: Where do these spurious tones come from? Here's the 1k...
  5. staticV3

Asus MU3C-AD(M) Dongle DAC - First impressions and basic measurements

This is a first look at the Asus MU3C-AD(M) dongle with ES9260Q DAC chip. On AliExpress it costs $20. As I'm currently incapacitated with a broken hand, these will be some basic impressions and measurements with a multimeter. If there's enough interest, then I'll do a full set of measurements...
  6. staticV3

Poll: Which HE400se EQ Preset sounds best?

Here's a little experiment to see which HE400se measurement produces the best EQ preset when corrected to Harman OE2018. Note that this headphone has impressively low unit variation, which might make deciding rather difficult, so I'm giving you three votes. The presets can only be used with...
  7. staticV3

View sample rate of applications before Windows Mixing?

Is there a way to view the sample rate of audio that applications send to the Windows Resampler and Mixer, before the Resampler? Basically, at the point marked here in orange:
  8. staticV3

Proposal: New SINAD Ranking Design (Histogram)

Since its conception, the SINAD Ranking has grown from this: to this: Instead of just making the graph wider and wider with each addition, why not switch to a histogram:
  9. staticV3

Where did the "Harmon" typo come from?

I see people calling it the Harmon target all the time. Do they think it stands for harmoneous maybe? Any other theories?
  10. staticV3

How to wire an electret microphone properly?

I want to properly wire a Primo EM272 electret microphone capsule (specs) to use with battery-powered as well as mains-powered (mic->interface->PC->mains) recorders. Which of these cable layouts would be the correct choice? And Why? Thank you so much for your help!
  11. staticV3

A collection of speaker target responses in .csv/.txt format

In order to use REW's automatic EQ feature, I started collecting and converting every speaker target that I could find into the necessary .txt format. In this thread I want to share my work so far, as well as ask you guys for target responses that I may have missed. Comparison: So...
Top Bottom