Search results

1. mshenay

KOSS Porta Pro Review (On-ear Headphone)

I found the Oratory1990 Pull w/Yaxi an I made some changes to Maiky's curve and overall I enjoy! Thanks to @ishouldbeking for commenting on his Yaxi EQ I can list the details out when I get home later if any one is interested, but I quite like the PortaPro xYaxi, I use it with my Surface Pro...
  2. mshenay

Mirrorless design

Just got myself a Sigma Art 30/1.4, and I quite love it! Only issue is that I may need a larger table to shoot on and possibly I might have to switch back to 9' rolls of back-drop paper q.q
  3. mshenay

Converting a Blu-ray/SACD player into a digital DSD transport

https://geerfab.com/audio/ these guys make a Digital Break Out Box that works beautifully!
  4. mshenay

Converting a Blu-ray/SACD player into a digital DSD transport

So I dug out this eBay link from another forum which seems to have some success: https://www.ebay.com/itm/203496436505 I'm also now contemplating how to solve this problem myself as I'd like to enjoy my Cinema in a playback standard higher than 24/48, as the moment I run USB into a Schiit Etir...
  5. mshenay

Mirrorless design

That's good to hear! I'm wanting the 35/1.4 lens myself actually I'll have to post updates once I get a hold of it!
  6. mshenay

Mirrorless design

This is where I'm at, I've got a DSLR a Cannon 200D [that you guys recommended actually!] and it works wonderfully well in my Studio under continuous lighting. However for events... it's not my favorite thing How are Sony's newest A models? I'm considering the A7 III with a 35mm lens to get started
  7. mshenay

Lights, Camera LIGHTS!

Ahh thank you, and the mixed light work I've done solves one problem and creates others I'll have to hunt done some brighter bulbs at that color temperture
  8. mshenay

Lights, Camera LIGHTS!

Not using LED Floodlights but PhotoFloods which are different I may give this brand a shot, https://www.1000bulbs.com/product/67277/STAG-ECAI.html See if it makes a noticeable improvement The 500 watt's I've been using are a bit warm and it seems others have noticed as much I also...
  9. mshenay

Dan Clark Stealth Review (State of the Art Headphone)

I agree, CX is still my go to closed back with exactly the right amount of bass for my tastes. I'm a bit frustrated to see the slight mid bass ehh bump but non the less I am excited to hear it. I did enjoy a2C for a time as well, hopefully they in 6-7months they'll launch some pads to help...
  10. mshenay

Tempotec Sonata HD Pro Review (headphone Adapter)

I've got one of these and it's pretty dandy! I'll mention tho I purchased 2 one for my self and a friend. Sadly twice she either got a defective unit OR it was simply unstable with her LG G7... so while I've not had issues with my Dell Laptop nor my OnePlus cell I will mention these units don't...
  11. mshenay

Drop Ether CX Review (Closed Planar Headphone)

Honestly I prefer the CX to the C Flow, price being a non issue either way, for me CX is more even in both it's bass response and throughout the mid-range. C Flow 1.1 on the other hand has some very mild fluctuations in the lows and isn't as mid-forward What I'm really excited for is the...
  12. mshenay

Lights, Camera LIGHTS!

Having a new issue actually, while I like what the wood adds for lifestyle shots for straight up Product Photography I have switched over to solid white on white I content with the after, yea I've lost some of the shadow but enough of it is there to ground the img I feel, and I like the color...
  13. mshenay

Lights, Camera LIGHTS!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BKJA8C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0080IA57C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GUQUBEW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1...
  14. mshenay

Lights, Camera LIGHTS!

Hey so I want to thank you guys for the Photo Flood recommendations, the color temperature is amazing! I was shocked!!!!!!!!!!!!!! here's a sample with very minimal editing but web-optimized and watermark'd
  15. mshenay

A question! What does "Hi-Fi" mean to you and what importance does High Fidelity Music Playback have in your Life?

You've been around long enough and I don't think I've asked yet, what keeps you in the hobby? What do you enjoy about it
  16. mshenay

A question! What does "Hi-Fi" mean to you and what importance does High Fidelity Music Playback have in your Life?

I figured this would be a great place to share my own history as an audiophile and music lover, but I'd also love to hear all of your thoughts on the matter to! An I do understand not every one here will agree or appreciate my take on "Zen-Dac" but I hope you'll still give the video a watch and...
  17. mshenay

AKG K371 Review (closed back headphone)

Hmm I didn't have any issues getting a consistent seal. Tho I don't wear mine every day, still the plush pads are flexible enough and the headband holds a pretty good bit of tension. Still it's good to know others are having a difficult time with seal
  18. mshenay

AKG K371 Review (closed back headphone)

This is the kinda of measurement content that I think we need more of! My impression of these sits in between the Perfect/Thin Armed Glasses curve and I do have thing curved glasses Either way excellent to see this great headphone getting some awesome converge and even more measurements, big...
  19. mshenay

Dan Clark Audio AEON RT Review (closed headphone)

Dan it's great to see you here, I have always appreciated your Aeon and Ether Series closed backs for that quality in particular. Having heard a lot of gear over the years your headphones have been the only ones I've kept in my collection. I really enjoy both my Ether CX and Aeon 2 Closed I'm...
  20. mshenay

Dan Clark Audio AEON RT Review (closed headphone)

I'll mention I do find the black felt does make a noticeable difference, it pulls out some presence and softens the bass a bit. With the black felt removed you get slightly more textured and impactful sub bass. I felt the filters all kinda smooth the top end bottom ends to much for my tastes...
Top Bottom