Search results

1. G

Purifi 2 channel amp suitability for 15 amp 120V circuit.......

I am considering purchasing a purifi 2 channel amp rated at 425 wpc for 4 ohm towers located in a room with 15 amp 120 V circuit. Years ago in the same room I had a Wyred4Sound sti 1000 integrated rated at nearly 1000 wpc. into 4 ohm speakers, 300 watt TV, cable box, lights, and never tripped a...
  2. G

Yamaha A-S701 fried..............help

My Yamaha A-S701 sits on a low stand under a TV table. I decided that after years the floor and amp could use a dusting. I disconnected all cords and speaker wires, removed the Yamaha and wiped all surfaces with a micro fibre cloth. After dusting under the table I replaced and reconnected the...
  3. G

Dac direct damage some amps?

I have an Audio by Van Alstein Fet Valve 600R amp, unbalanced connectors only , 300 wpc. 20 to 20 kHz into 8 ohms, input impedance 500,000 ohms, with matching Fet Valve CF preamplifier with 20 dB line gain, dac is Topping D90. I have experimented with dac direct to amp. Desirable volume going...
  4. G

iPhone as music server quandary........

Currently using tidal app on iPhone 6s -> apple camera adapter -> usb cable -> topping E30 or D90 dac* ->preamp -> amp -> speakers. The iPhone 6s needs to be replaced with a newer iPhone. I have read comments that the newer iPhones audio out quality is lacking compared to iPhone 6s. Since I...
  5. G

Apos vs. Amazon dac return refund.

Anyone have experience with a return refund from Apos for a new non-defective dac that was used for less than 30 days. Only reason for return is not satisfied with purchase. I am considering whether to purchase a dac from Amazon or Apos. Apos would save me 10% sales tax. I have direct...
  6. G

squeezebox touch/topping d50s compat.? Onkyo tx-8511 have internal dac?

I am considering streaming tidal with the Squeezebox Touch with EDO via usb to a Topping D50S. Search found a poster using a SBT with a D30. Is it safe to assume if D30 is compatible that D50S is also compatible? One of my systems is a squeezebox touch streaming tidal hi-fi->Onkyo...
  7. G

dac fixed line out vs. pre-amp out w/external preamp

Any benefit for dac with fixed line out vs. pre-amp out when used with an external preamplifier? I am considering the Sabaj D5 and am curious as to the implications, if any, of no fixed line out, but rather a pre-out. thanks, gad-
Top Bottom