Search results

1. G

Fosi Audio V3 Amplifier Review

go go go go Godzilla Like Godzilla Fosi absorbs energy and rapidly mutates into fiercer beasts. Maybe Fosi will evolve into the "DISRUPTOR"; an audio Godzilla toppling Goliath scam audio skyscrapers with SOTA cheap high watt amps. Fosi, if your reading this, please let the next generation...
  2. G

Topping Pre90 Review (preamplifier)

balanced to unbalanced additional gain???????? Currently using just received Pre90 D90 combo with RCA in RCA out. My current amp is an Ava Fet Valve 600R, input impedance 500,000 ohms, unbalanced rca inputs only. The matching Ava Fet Valve CF preamp that the Pre90 replaced is unbalanced with...
  3. G

Yamaha A-S701 fried..............help

Do we ever know? Having been burned with a refurb purchase I am a believer in reasonable due diligence. The invoice states, sold by Amazon.com Services LLC, condition NEW. Per the Yamaha website amazon.com is an internet authorized distributor hence 2 yr. Yamaha warranty applies. Suspicious...
  4. G

OP update. Well it's been a while. With new info that there is or will soon be a next model replacement for the AS701 I've been checking Amazon.com USA for a price reduction. This morning I ordered the silver AS701 for $671.96. At that time the black was $743.95. Now black and silver are...
  5. G

Buckeye 3 Channel Purifi Amp Review

Is there a measurement test to determine if this issue is audible? gad-
  6. G

Currently I am satisfied with my old Onkyo integrated. I got frustrated trying to find a local repair facility and with no warranty shipping to a Yamaha repair facility makes no financial sense. I'm considering my current topping D90 dac -> nobsound mini fully balanced passive preamp -> hypex...
  7. G

Purifi 2 channel amp suitability for 15 amp 120V circuit.......

thanks guys A lot to consider. Just got $1,100 quote for dedicated 20 amp circuit, breaker and socket. Lot of $ for simple 10 ft. wire run from garage panel to den. If I go with purifi and current 15 amp circuit I'll be sure to fully charge my first alert fire extinguisher. :cool: gad-
  8. G

Purifi 2 channel amp suitability for 15 amp 120V circuit.......

I am considering purchasing a purifi 2 channel amp rated at 425 wpc for 4 ohm towers located in a room with 15 amp 120 V circuit. Years ago in the same room I had a Wyred4Sound sti 1000 integrated rated at nearly 1000 wpc. into 4 ohm speakers, 300 watt TV, cable box, lights, and never tripped a...
  9. G

One more moment of sap. Thank you RJ. Boy I wish you had a franchise in Seattle. I have never had a stranger via the internet offer such effort and generosity of their time and knowledge. Being of advanced age with no electronic skills or history I have to assess if this repair is better...
  10. G

My Yamaha A-S701 sits on a low stand under a TV table. I decided that after years the floor and amp could use a dusting. I disconnected all cords and speaker wires, removed the Yamaha and wiped all surfaces with a micro fibre cloth. After dusting under the table I replaced and reconnected the...
  11. G

Dac direct damage some amps?

I have an Audio by Van Alstein Fet Valve 600R amp, unbalanced connectors only , 300 wpc. 20 to 20 kHz into 8 ohms, input impedance 500,000 ohms, with matching Fet Valve CF preamplifier with 20 dB line gain, dac is Topping D90. I have experimented with dac direct to amp. Desirable volume going...
  12. G

iPhone as music server quandary........

Currently using tidal app on iPhone 6s -> apple camera adapter -> usb cable -> topping E30 or D90 dac* ->preamp -> amp -> speakers. The iPhone 6s needs to be replaced with a newer iPhone. I have read comments that the newer iPhones audio out quality is lacking compared to iPhone 6s. Since I...
  13. G

Topping D90 Balanced USB DAC Review

Currently I have LMS/Tidal installed on iMac->Squeezebox touch. I wanted to use edo usb out from the touch to the d90, unfortunately the touch recognizes the d90 but no sound. Other dacs I have had were compatible. 1. Will a RPI picoreplayer streaming LMS/Tidal be compatible with the D90? 2...
  14. G

What you need to know about the virus in China "2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)"

hmmmmmmmmmm....... https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/17/a-fiasco-in-the-making-as-the-coronavirus-pandemic-takes-hold-we-are-making-decisions-without-reliable-data/ Just sharing from one of the known ground zeroes, Seattle WA. USA.
  15. G

What items have you purchased as a result of ASR?

Yamaha A-701 based on interesting ASR chatter. Topping D90 based on amirm's blessing. As a recovering subjectivist I'm not about to say this combo kills.
  16. G

Topping D90 Balanced USB DAC Review

So I ask my brain, brain, is it a good idea to spend $630 to save $140 and my brain says, well you know transparent is transparent and it can be done cheaper, but hey 90 is a bigger number than 70 and even more than 50, so yeah I call Apos and vs. Amazon save 20%. That's 10% dac discount and no...
  17. G

Apos vs. Amazon dac return refund.

Anyone have experience with a return refund from Apos for a new non-defective dac that was used for less than 30 days. Only reason for return is not satisfied with purchase. I am considering whether to purchase a dac from Amazon or Apos. Apos would save me 10% sales tax. I have direct...
  18. G

squeezebox touch/topping d50s compat.? Onkyo tx-8511 have internal dac?

My other main system previously had SBT edo usb->Yggdrasil rca outs to preamp. Yggy unbalanced eventually got grey and boring. I will be buying 2 dacs eventually. The way to improve an SBT is a better dac. I agree, depending on mood, SBT solo does the job. I will try the D50S with both...
Top Bottom