Search results

1. M

Measurements of RME ADI-2 DAC and Headphone Amp

What I had in mind was having powered speakers hooked on XLRs and an external HP amp on RCAs. With this unit the external hp amp isn't really neccessary but it would be a big problem if the speakers weren't easily muted while using the external amp. Again as I said, it's only kind of a bummer...
  2. M

It's a bummer that it can't have one active while the other is muted.
  3. M

Okay, thanks for the quick reply. Kind of a bummer, but not really that big a deal for me. At least for the time being.
  4. M

Not sure if this has been answered in here before but I didn't want to read through the whole thread trying to find out. Can one select whether both analogue outs are active at once or select from either XLR/RCA?
  5. M

Review and Measurements of RME ADI-2 DAC

Ah, thanks! I might have to take advantage of this!
  6. M

Review and Measurements of RME ADI-2 DAC

Did I miss something here? What be this discount you mention? Couldn't find a mention in this thread.
  7. M

Review and Measurements of Massdrop THX AAA 789 Amp

Not sure if this has been answered in this thread or elsewhere (don't want to go back through the whole thread again), but can this unit be used as a pre-amp for a pair of powered monitors? Thanks!
  8. M

Review and Measurements of miniDSP SHD DAC, DSP And Streamer

I was hoping you would be able to review this unit. So I was pleasantly surprised to see it today! I may have to get me one of these for a more straight forward way to do room correction, plus Dirac live seems like one of the better options. I will probably wait and see what the studio version...
  9. M

What's the best option for applying room correction to everything outputted from my computer?

Alright, just checked the Roon site and found this page. Realized that I need to add the convolution filter option! Man totally missed the little option on the lower left of that screen to "add filter."
  10. M

What's the best option for applying room correction to everything outputted from my computer?

Wow, interesting, I don't think I've ever seen that option for DSP in Roon. I will look again when I get home but I don't remember seeing it the other night when I was messing around with para-EQ for my headphones.
  11. M

Thanks, I'll look into this once I get the UMIK in. I've thought of using Dirac Live as well but I don't want to use JRiver as it doesn't have Tidal integration (unless I'm mistaken here), and a good portion of my library in Roon is from tidal.
  12. M

Thanks for the reply, I'm still kinda new to Roon, how would I do the room correction without HDPlayer?
  13. M

Thanks, @RayDunzl! Yeah my PC is the source about 99.9% of the time. I have a chromecast hooked up to the optical port on my DAC for the other 0.1% of the time (wouldn't be a big concern how that is hooked up to the signal chain). My main concern with running it all on the PC would be if that...
  14. M

So I've mostly been lurking on here for a while and quite enjoying the reviews! Over the last couple of years I've purchased some nice speakers and have a fairly good performing DAC and now I'm looking to take my audio to the next level and get into room correction. So I have a minidsp UMIK-1 on...
  15. M

Review and Measurements of Auralic Vega DAC

Ahh, I see, well at least one of these companies is working on it! Hopefully they are can figure it out!
  16. M

Review and Measurements of Benchmark DAC1 USB DAC

Cool to see these results in comparison to the newer DAC3! There is a typo in the IMD graph though, says DAC2, should be DAC1. Thanks for the great work here!
  17. M

Thanks for the answer here and for inquiring with ESS about this. I had read through that pro-ject pre box s2 thread but either missed the stuff about the hump or didn't connect the dots.
  18. M

I've been curious about this for a little while but what is going on with these curves at about -40dBFS for the Auralic and the Topping? Why do they have that bump?
  19. M

Review and Measurements of Benchmark DAC3

Ah, I see. No worries, I was just wondering if there was a reason for it. Thanks.
Top Bottom