Search results

1. AnalogDE

Sabaj D5 - Owners' Thread

Looks like maybe a USB glitch. Fiddling around with tidal sound settings got the sound back....magically. Weird.
  2. AnalogDE

I am getting no audio out of my Sabaj D5... Looks like it bricked itself... Anyone seen the same?
  3. AnalogDE

SMSL M400 Balanced USB MQA DAC Review

Can we get a zoomed in version of the SINAD chart of the far left, showing only the top 10-20 or so? Otherwise the chart is unreadable.. Thanks...
  4. AnalogDE

Found out the circuit of THX 789. It's nothing new.

Just taking a quick glance at the diagram there appears to be feedforward through the cap in Z3. Obviously there is still NFB.
  5. AnalogDE

Sennheiser HDV-820 USB DAC & Headphone Amp Review

I just tried the same setup today at the Sennheiser store in San Francisco and I wasn’t impressed with it either. I’m thinking my Sabaj D5 with HE4xx sounds better.
  6. AnalogDE

The first unit I got has a rattle-y volume knob. I ordered a second unit about a month back that feels more solid.
  7. AnalogDE

When is an electrical engineer not an engineer?

Unlicensed EE here working in circuit design. I never needed to get a PE license because I’ve never done gov’t work. I think if you’ve gone to a 4 year engineering school you can call yourself an engineer. It bugs me when non-engineer types have Engineer in their job titles. I think it’s more...
  8. AnalogDE

What is your daily job ? ... any hobbies ?

Analog IC design engineer working on non-volatile memories (currently NAND). I work mainly with CMOS. hobbies: watching tv / Netflix. Maybe someday I’ll design my own headphone amp...
  9. AnalogDE

Crucial MX500 1TB SSD

Data retention on SSD drives is determined by how long electrons can stay put on the floating gate of the NAND flash cells. This is how the data is actually stored and read out. There are numerous mechanisms that degrade the charge stored on the floating gates...
  10. AnalogDE

Settings for JBL 306P

I went ahead and ordered this... It does not work with Tidal. It only appears to be able to control system volume but not the tidal volume (I am running exclusive mode.) . BTW the volume knob feels cheap on this thing...I'm probably going to return it :/
  11. AnalogDE

Schiit Magni Heresy

The guy who gets it right the first time probably failed a bunch of times before he started counting his trials.
  12. AnalogDE

Settings for JBL 306P

I have this same setup: Sabaj D5 driving JBL 306p MKIIs with Tidal (MacOS desktop app). I'm also looking for a USB volume knob to control the volume in Tidal... Can someone suggest a good one? Thanks!
  13. AnalogDE

Hegel HD12 DSD DAC And Headphone Amp Review

It's a 7-segment LED display. I agree, these need to go :)
  14. AnalogDE

Buying my first magnetoplanar headphones

I would put the HE 4xx above my HD 650s... way better sounding!
  15. AnalogDE

Now this is entertaining

That was awesome :)
  16. AnalogDE

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

I see that my order has partially shipped (cables and cleaning cloth). They better ship the speakers out...
  17. AnalogDE

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

FYI I picked up the Soundrise stands for my newly ordered pair of 306p MKIIs. If you order direct from the soundrise website (https://soundrisepro.com/collections/more-stands/products/soundrise-pro-studio-monitor-stands?variant=13510978371659) They come up $150/pair. Enter promo code "Z" when...
Top Bottom