Search results

1. PappyBlue

FS/CAN-US : exaSound E28 MKII multichannel DAC

8 channel exaSound DAC in good condition with mini-XLR output. Includes original box and remote (apple). The remote is a bit worn out but the DAC can be programmed to learn any remote. Asking 1 100 $ US including shipping (US or Canada only).
  2. PappyBlue

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

Quebec City ...
  3. PappyBlue

What is the worst speaker you've ever heard?

Worst that I've owned : Totem Hawk. 6 years later, my ears are still bleeding.
  4. PappyBlue

FS: Arcam Solo Uno - 475 $ shipped

I am selling my Arcam Solo Uno amplifier/streamer. It's in great condition, I only used it a few times in my bedroom system. I'm selling it because my wife doesn't want a bedroom system anymore ... Google Cast, AirPlay 2, Roon Ready, UPnP Streamer, MQA 25wpc into 8 Ohms (50 wpc into 4 Ohms)...
  5. PappyBlue

Artists you like who are famous in your country but who are virtually unknown to the rest of the world

The Tragically Hip were one of my favorite band when I was in high school and I remember spending so much time trying to learn the guitar part in my favorite song, New Orleans is Sinking. It was before the "internet", at a time where you could not download a tab or watch a tutorial online to...
  6. PappyBlue

Artists you like who are famous in your country but who are virtually unknown to the rest of the world

When I visit a new country, I like to discover new musical artists. Most of the time, these artists are famous in their country, but are virtually unknown to the rest of the world. Who are your favorite artists who are famous in your country and who deserve to be known around the world ? Please...
  7. PappyBlue

Top Three Male Rock Vocalists?

Roger Daltrey Jerry Garcia Colin Blunstone (The Zombies)
  8. PappyBlue

JBL L100 Reissue - $4000

Review and measurements on Audioholics : https://www.audioholics.com/bookshelf-speaker-reviews/jbl-l100
  9. PappyBlue

FS : Wadia A315 Power Amplifier (Ncore)

I'm selling my Wadia A315 class D power amplifier. It provides 150 watts per channel at 8 ohms or 250 watts per channel at 4 ohms. BHK Labs Measurements: Wadia a315 Stereo Amplifier Power output Power output at 1% THD+N: 164.7W @ 8 ohms, 302.4W @ 4 ohms Power output at 10% THD+N: 230.0W @ 8...
  10. PappyBlue

JBL L100 Classic stands

Good idea, I will try to find milk crates! By the way, the L100 are really "fun" speakers. A local dealer was selling his demo pair at a very attractive price. I thought it would be fun to try them but I never expected that they would replace my Dynaudio Focus 340... After a few weeks with the...
  11. PappyBlue

JBL L100 Classic stands

The stands are only about 6" high, the tweeter would be way under my ears. I would need 16" stands, which are not very common.
  12. PappyBlue

JBL L100 Classic stands

My JBL L100 Classic are sitting on the recommended JBL JS-120 stands. According to marketing litterature : "Exclusively designed to accommodate JBL L100 Classic speakers, the steel JS-120 stands offer dedicated support and place the speakers at an optimal position. Specifically, the low-profile...
  13. PappyBlue

New JBL 4349 Speakers

I use these stands with my JBL L100 Classic. They provide no isolation at all, the small feets are made of hard plastic. I replaced the small feets with a set of Isoacoustics Gaia isolation feet that I had lying around. It provides isolation and height/tilt adjustment. The only issue is the Gaia...
  14. PappyBlue

Linton Heritage 85th Anniversary - Tweeter problem ?

I took the measurements 1 foot from the speakers.
  15. PappyBlue

If the tweeter was blown, I assume it would not produce any sound?
  16. PappyBlue

Crossover frequency are 630hz and 2400hz, so it's not the tweeter!?!
  17. PappyBlue

I just received a pair of Wharfedale Linton Heritage 85th Anniversary that I ordered a while ago. When I first started listening to them, something sounded very wrong on some tracks, particularly electric guitars. I took some measurements in REW. Nothing seemed wrong, but then I checked the...
  18. PappyBlue

SOLD: Devialet 200 (CONUS & Canada)

Yes, that's the unit Amir tested
Top Bottom