Search results

1. B

Best topping preamp for driving power amp.

Hi! I'm a big fan of Topping (performance, and aesthetics). So I'm looking for the best combined DAC/Preamp for driving a power amp (haven't decided which one yet). Any ideas on which device would suit this use case best ?. Note: I see that the D90SE supports 5v out. Perhaps that makes it ideal...
  2. B

Buchardt S400 or ELAC DBR-62

I'm after a new set of speakers to replace KEF LS50's (30 sq room). They will be used for both stereo and Movie duties (stereo), and decent bass impact is quite important (especially for movies, as I don't have space for a subwoofer). On paper, and from what reviews I've read, the S400's should...
  3. B

Mac mini (2014) > Matrix Audio Sabre Pro MQA

I'm looking for a reasonable source/streamer for my Matrix DAC (Roon, Airplay, Spotify Connect) , that will be arriving shortly. One consideration is an Allo USB Bridge (with regular power supply). However I also have a Mac mini laying around. Would one be much better than the other...
  4. B

SMSL SU-8 vs Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro MQA

I know that there is a massive price difference between the two, so the comparison should be quite unfair. However both meet my needs for a combined DAC/Preamp with balanced outputs and a remote. Has anyone heard both of these, and can comment if there is such a huge audible difference between...
  5. B

Suggestions for combined DAC/Preamp

Hi! I'm looking to find some suggestions for a single box, combined DAC/Preamp (no streamer). In addition a remote (IR or RF) is a 100% must. Balanced inputs/outputs would be nice, but isn't a must, but of course required for a AHB2. This would essentially be used as a preamp, infront of an 'as...
Top Bottom