Search results

1. mk1classic

Introducing Hang Loose Convolver from Accurate Sound

It looks like I'm trying to kill my speaker elements with error in the routing of signals. @mitchco Question: Does the output file from AudioLense route correctly or do I need to configure the CFG file to route the HLC output adresses? The CFG file has been modified to direct according...
  2. mk1classic

@mitchco Has there been changes to the the output meter in HLC lately? The output level meters now show the same level on all ouputs on my 2x4-way speaker setup. This is a 50hz test tone playing. Do the output level now show output before the filter not after ? If not I'm trying to kill my TAD...
  3. mk1classic

HLC only work with VST3 not VST.
  4. mk1classic

Audio Precision APx516B Review

Slight offtopic... The way the x555 measures in loopback, means it should be one of the best DACs in the market. How well does it playing music? :D It must be the reference for all high SINAD DAC manufactures! AP should start manufacturing DACs only...
  5. mk1classic

Neumann MT 48

"... The round-trip latency (RTL) from analogue in to analogue out can potentially be under 20 samples, and it stays under 30 samples even when the Anubis is connected to a computer." Ref https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/merginganubis
  6. mk1classic

Have you tried to click on this link? https://accuratesound.ca/product/hang-loose-convolver-14-day-free-trial/
  7. mk1classic

Audible difference in high-end capacitors? - ABX samples

On the topic of testing caps. Two episodes by https://www.youtube.com/@frankswerkstatt
  8. mk1classic

Neumann MT 48

The MT48 must be the ideal building block, if and when it gets the same functions as Anubis, as it gives more "common" input and outputs with USB than the Anubis. I have the Anubis in conjunction with the Hapi for multi way speakers with FIR filters. The AES67 / Ravenna connection is what gives...
  9. mk1classic

Purifi PTT6.5W04-01A 6.5" midwoofer

Two different beasts - JBL has a lot more of all. You will need multiple Purifi 6.5 or 8" to even get close on capacity. But when you get enough small woofer capacity, then the JBL will loose out on finesse. But there's still something with the sound from speakers with large woofers.
  10. mk1classic

Purifi PTT6.5W04-01A 6.5" midwoofer

Comparing a 6.5" or 8" with the 15" driver of the JBL? Or the horn / CD combo?
  11. mk1classic

Bruno Strikes Again. Purifi 1ET7040SA VTV Amplifier.

An in this part of the forum, the Eigentakt modules of course are "best" ;)
  12. mk1classic

What do you want to do with your speakers? At what listening level do you expect the speakers to deliver? Low level listening in small apartment building or have a party in an open field? An example. Each speaker has a sensitivity of approx 86db/m per watt . 250W per channel will give you a...
  13. mk1classic

We are talking Purifi vs Hypex - Latest hype vs old news... Why don't you just buy a set of Mola Mola Kaluga to ensure enough power and highly raved sound! Just remember to include the Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC. Ps, you don't need the extra power as your speakers will go into compression and...
  14. mk1classic

Why do you feel the ET7040 has an undersized PSU? One Hypex SMPS1200A400 PSU is required per 1ET7040 amp module. The 1ET7040 will at approx 3 ohm (as indicated as minimum impedance for your speakers) supply 450W, the PSU has a rating of 1200W (max 1500W). (Note: PCB fuse of 12A @ 230V = abs...
  15. mk1classic

I measured the deviation of 6 Earthworks microphones.

For XLR interface: Earthworks M23 for testing with calibration file, or the more expensive M23R for less calibration requirement (but calibration still required) For USB interface: UMIK-2, but USB is not always wanted due to clock discrepancies between output DAC vs input ADC in USB mics.
  16. mk1classic

I measured the deviation of 6 Earthworks microphones.

Thanks for the measurements. I find it interesting that both M23R have more self noise spikes in the frequency curve than the regular M23. The M23R should be tuned for flat and more equal frequency curve, these spikes shouldn't have been included. Unless this is the result of tuning. The...
  17. mk1classic

Not sure why you would use both AudioLense and DIRAC?! AudioLense perform both crossover duty and room correction in one operation. Room influence / correction depend on your gating values on frequency setting and TTD. Multi seat is also an option in AL.
  18. mk1classic

Review and Measurements of Purifi 1ET400A Amplifier

How can we retrace this discussion back to be relevant to the Purifi 1ET400A amplifier? Do we see a possible problem with HF oscilation with the 1ET400A design? We have seen hf measurements but not under high load?
  19. mk1classic

Review and Measurements of Purifi 1ET400A Amplifier

According to the user manual for your speaker: "Typically, best performance comes with use of amplifiers capable of >150W continuous into 8 ohms" The boxem mentioned is 210w @8ohm, so should be more that suitable. Why would you "overpower" the speakers? If you need to power and play a...
  20. mk1classic

GR Research B24 AC Cord Review

Just a side note... Too bad one can't use one of these cables on the new Topping DM7 DAC... You can't operate the power switch with an end termination of this size..
Top Bottom