Search results

1. M

Marantz SACD 30n Measurements (SACD Player, DAC & Streamer)

These photos are amazing. Are you a professional? The exterior shots could be straight from a brochure.
  2. M

KRK Classic 5 Review (Studio Monitor)

No, I like them a lot but sold them off to get into vintage audio for a while. Bought some Mac stuff and my first ADS speakers.
  3. M

KRK Classic 5 Review (Studio Monitor)

Obligatory no one cares- The G2 rokit was the first "hi-fi" speaker I heard in my friends project studio. It honestly set me down the path of wanting good sound. I can weirdly still vividly picture being an 18-year-old sitting in front of pro-tools and being mind blown something could sound so...
  4. M

Neumann KH 310A Review (Powered Monitor)

I would just listen to each driver and make sure it is working. These are pretty bulletproof and idk if I have heard of anyone having issues.
  5. M

One additional thing is that I have owned both an "A" and a "D". I confirmed over the phone with Neumann that the pair matching still stands between them and that sonically they are identical. I ended up swapping one of them but this is helpful if seeking them on the used market as often just...
  6. M

8331A - I really like them but couldn't justify the extra cost and needed sub. 8040B - Again, a great speaker but wasn't blown away like I was with the KH310s. I will say I am biased toward three-way and dome midranges.
  7. M

It is not extremely relevant to the actual speaker but I posted my measurements of the KH310 in my room on this thread. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/how-smooth-can-in-room-response-realistically-get.12916/ I auditioned a fair amount of speakers from Genelec and...
  8. M

RAAL-requisite SR1a Ribbon Headphone Review

With the shishitos you gotta try roasting them over high heat and in the last minute or two pour in fish sauce, salt and msg. Let the fish sauce boil off and you are left with a delicious crispy coating on the outside that enhances the sweetness.
  9. M

Recommendation for Mobile Music

Sorry to go off topic, but it seems he was asking for a mobile setup for the gym and commuting. I personally don't think the quality of DAC etc. is going to matter more than the screaming baby noise floor on the train. Just my 2 cents. I am not saying the airpod pros or equivalent are "audio...
  10. M

Recommendation for Mobile Music

I will buck the trend here. I own 3 pairs of niceish IEMs and don't even touch them at all after buying Airpod Pros. Active noise cancellation makes such a huge difference to me that I would not buy anything without it. I have also heard that the Raycon equivalent is pretty good and cheaper. I...
  11. M

Review and Measurements and miniDSP 2x4 HD DSP and DAC

What is the proper gain scheme and setup to get the most out of the MiniDSP?
  12. M

Neumann KH80 DSP Monitor Measurements #3

This season of "Days of our Neumann's" is crazy. Who saw that redemption arc coming? He was in the freezer the whole time?
  13. M

ATC SCM19 Bookshelf Speaker Review

Does anyone have any semi-reliable measurement source for the SCM25A Pro? That is the model I think of when I consider ATC. Also their Pro monitors have a legitimate following and are actually used in a shit load of proffesional spaces, second to genelec and that's it really. As an aside this...
  14. M

How to Support Audio Science Review

This website is great! Thanks for all the work.
  15. M

KRK rp5 review

Having heard most of these through all the generations I think the middle one is always the play. The small woofer is anemic and the 8s are usually pretty boomy. The Rokit 6 g2 was a very pleasing speaker, made me take KRK seriously and I purchased the VXT8s with my limited funds. Princeton...
  16. M

Neumann KH 80 DSP Speaker Measurements: Take Two

I think they will eventually send the sample. I notice in my job that a lot of the German and Japanese manufacturers are not very "nimble" especially when it comes to social media. I bet it will just take a few weeks and likely many meetings for some unfortunate employees to get it moving.
  17. M

Neumann KH 80 DSP Speaker Measurements: Take Two

@amirm Could the KH120 data be posted in a new thread?
  18. M

Share your in-room measurements?

I posted this in another thread but I will add it here as well. In room response of KH310s at my desk. Moving microphone method with no smoothing. Dirac on MiniDSP is the entire signal chain with dirac working below 800Hz. It took a lot of measurements to figure out how to place everything but...
  19. M

Looking for: Speakers for test

I PMd you but will be down to bring you a KH310 in the future. I just read the 1 month disclaimer and may need to wait until im out of the country or something haha. I can also provide older ADS models and maybe some Focal CMS 65s
Top Bottom