Search results

1. I

Massdrop Airist R2R DAC Review

It's not really placebo, at higher volumes our brain interprets the highs and lows as being more prominent compared to mids hence why it may sound like increased extension or fuller. Basically the Fletcher Munson (equal loudness contours) in play.
  2. I

Review and Measurements of iBasso DX200 DAP

For jobs that rely on heavy phone use like you or couriers, dont you keep a separate personal phone or given a work phone by employer? Regarding notifications, the free music player app I use has settings to mute notifications and/or rings if music is being played.
  3. I

The chances of malware is probably much lower than the chances of a Dap glitching or malfunctioning. Besides, I could buy multiple Lgv20 with the same amount of money as these Daps, who cares if one gets malware hahaha. Power shouldn't be a problem unless you're some crazy person who commutes...
  4. I

Marketing is powerful. DAPs shouldn't exists in this day and age, nor should they be so expensive given how inferior they are to a smartphone. Horrible UI, much less processing power, no camera, no speaker, lower battery capacity, chunkier etc. Pretty much a stone compared to modern smartphones.
  5. I

Review and Measurements of PS Audio NuWave DAC

He sure can write, wrote a whole book about himself: https://www.paulmcgowan.com/ 'When I was a teenager, I was always running from something: the law, the Feds, the draft. Flight took me over the border to Tijuana for contraband, inside a county jail, into the hands of the Secret Service, onto...
  6. I

Review and Measurements of Fiio K5 Pro

So how does the measurement work, do you just leave the volume knob at max then change the volume digitally? Why is it so difficult to measure THD+noise using the volume knob, is the analyser not capable of tracking real time power when turning the volume knob? Sorry if I'm bothering you guys...
  7. I

Shouldn't this show in the 'power Vs noise and distortion' measurements? The measurements show that dx3 is consistently below the k5 pro even at low power.
  8. I

In the review he says under 'dac audio measurements' that he is measuring line-out, not headphone out. It's the first sentence.
  9. I

So everything under the 'headphone amplifier audio measurements' section of the review is USB in->phone out?
  10. I

I understand you use USB but from my understanding you are still measuring the DAC by itself (usb->lineout), then the Amp separately (line in->phone out)? Sorry if I'm wrong and misunderstood your testing procedure. If I am correct, then what I was saying is the USB->phone out performance may be...
  11. I

Hi amir, for DAC/amp combo units wouldn't it be more appropriate to measure usb->headphone out since this is their main use? In this case isn't there a possibility that it'll measure worse than if you added the individual DAC and amp measurments.
  12. I

Canjam SoCal Headphone and Audio Show 2019 Part 2

Well it is much closer to Harman than many heapdhones on the market. Better than Sennheiser hd6xx headphones with rolled off sub-bass and bloated upper bass or the myriad of other open headphones with boosted treble and lack of bass.
  13. I

Review and Measurements of HIDIZS DAC and Amp Dongle

Isn't the Tera just an original apple cable with extra sheath for durability and hence would measure the same?
  14. I

Review and Measurements of Little Dot MK III Tube Headphone Amplifier

It doesn't matter when you are trying to listen for Harmonic/intermod distortion and noise. As for 'flatness' of sound or low/high freq. extension, nothing is more reliable than frequency response measurment which amir has already provided (although i'm not sure if this is phone output).
Top Bottom