Search results

1. I

What is the point of buying expensive headphones if you can just use an equalizer to get the same frequency response on cheap ones?

And mitigate any distortion issues using an amplifier, maybe. Not sure if that's how it works I'm sure this has been discussed extensively before, but I couldn't find any related topics from my searching If there is such a thread, please point me in the right direction Thanks
  2. I

Spotify Premium worth it for the audio quality?

Hey, I've been debating if I should get Spotify Premium for the sound quality increase from 160kbps to 320kbps Ogg Vorbis on desktop. Please note that the only deciding factor for me is the sound quality in whether or not I'll get premium I've done some ABX testing(on my hd 600s) with some...
  3. I

Friend cranked up the volume on HD 600s with Atom amp on high gain

Hello everyone, I have a question that's been slightly bothering me for no other reason than my obsessiveness. I had a friend over the other day and I was showing him my new headphones and amp, Sennheiser hd 600s and a JDS Labs Atom. We were playing a song on Spotify and I was telling him about...
  4. I

Can a Fiio D3(Taishan) drive HD 600s via a JDS Labs Atom?

So, I know the JDS Labs Atom is great, but would driving them through the cheap Fiio D3 degrade the sound I get on the HD 600s?
  5. I

Questions about motherboard vs. a cheap DAC, double amping, and playing 48khz audio in 44.1khz "playback mode"

Hello everyone, new member and a newbie in general here. I've been reading here a lot past couple of weeks or so and I've purchased a JDS Labs Atom to drive my HD 600s (which I have not received yet) because of the great review it's got here. I've done some more reading and concluded that it...
Top Bottom