Search results

1. O

Nasty room mode with near field speaker in the corner. Is there anything I can do?

What can I do to improve the performance of a near field speaker when it is in the corner of the room? I am in my office most of the day everyday. My office serves many purposes: actual office for work, pinball room, PC game room, listening room, and chill area for 1-3 people. The room used to...
  2. O

Taking actionable measurements

Sometimes I feel like I know what I'm doing and others I feel lost. Help me understand my measurements. I have a new MiniDSP SHD with Klipsch Forte speakers and I'm playing around with DIRAC for the first time. RED: No DIRAC. One position measurement Green: DIRAC on. One position measurement...
  3. O

IEM / headphone recommendation

Over the last 10 years or so: 1. Etymotic Research MC3 Loved them. Left on a plane :( 2. Etymotic Research HF3 Loved them. Lasted 2 years 2 months Cable wore out. Etymotic replaced the entire IEMs even though they were out of warranty by 2 months. They are a great company! And then I left the...
  4. O

Interpreting speakers graphs: Take the quiz!

I love Amir's measurements. I trust them in that I believe he is measuring each speaker the same way and the result show the overall quality of the speaker. I know the standard for speaker measurement and science in general is repeatability and testing each DUT under the same conditions...
  5. O

8kHz USB noise: How do I get rid of it?

TLDR: PC as my source, Massdrop SDAC, no music playing, volume set to 100%, noise floor measurement, how do I get rid of this 8kHz spike? Some history: I bought my first external DAC, SMSL SU-8, this past summer and while it was a huge update over my existing equipment in terms of sound...
Top Bottom