Search results

1. syn08

Room EQ

Ok, so I said I'll give miniDSP and REW a chance to improve my main system. Got a miniDSP Flex, an UMIK-2 microphone, set up REW with the UMIK calibration file (vertical position), in general everything was done by the book. Level at about 75dB (calibrated with my Lutron Sound Level Meter), did...
  2. syn08

REW issue

REW 5.20.9 (latest). Doing an IMD-CCIF (19+20KHZ) vs. level scan, from -120dBFS to -3dBFS in 6dB steps. Saved the completed measurement in a .mdat file ok. Now trying to export the results in a text file. Export all measurements kinda works, although I see in the output file only a very limited...
  3. syn08

Audio analyzer project

I started this project over one year ago; went through several false starts (AK4499 MIA due to the AKM fire, relied on the TI ADS127L01 ADC (which proved to be improper to audio due to the high noise), tried the AKM AK5572 ADC, distortions were too high, plus the ever annoying (for measurements)...
  4. syn08

Audio generator

Is anybody aware of any audio sine generator software able to work at 384KHz sampling rate? Arta, etc... work beautiful, but all seem to be constrained at 192KHz. The only generator I found, that has 384KHz in the drop down sampling rate, is the "Test Tone Generator" by Esser, but that's still...
  5. syn08

Genelec speakers

Not that I could afford any of their top products like the 8631A, but is it me only thinking these speakers look like crap? Agreed they sound great, but they have the look of some cheap boombox grade product. I am pretty sure my wife would hate them too. I might be old fashioned, but I still...
  6. syn08

MOS ICs in the garage

This guy claims he processed his first PMOS IC (a differential amplifier) in his garage when he was in high school, now that he is on an undergraduate program he build an NMOS polysilicon gate IC (an array of 100 transistors) with 5um features, in the same garage/home http://sam.zeloof.xyz/ He...
  7. syn08

Jack Bybee, R.I.P.

http://tweekgeek.blogspot.com/2020/09/rip-jack-bybee.html
  8. syn08

Good DAC EVM?

Trying to find a good (and decently priced) DAC EVM. All I can find are for low end DACs... TI no longer does the PCM1794 EVM (as far as I can tell), Cirrus has some, but absurdly expensive for the performance, from AKM and ESS nothing that I can find available at the usual distributor suspects...
Top Bottom