Search results

1. P

SMSL A50 Pro 3-channel amp

Not sure if this amp has been discussed here before, if yes please delete this thread I have just come across with this new amp from SMSL, the SMSL A50 Pro It is a 3-channel amp with a full adjustable crossover (both LPF and HPF) using the MA12070P chipset. Also DAC and BT integrated, there is...
  2. P

Dirac Live Exclamation Mark issue

I am not sure if there is a thread about this topic already, if so please let me know I decided to create this thread to get to know who else is battling with the 'Exclamation mark/Imprecise measurement' issue in Dirac Live 3.x Whenever I measure my system with Dirac (does not matter if the...
  3. P

Sphere shaped speakers with CHN110 drivers

I got inspired by an earlier thread here and decided to build my own sphere shaped speakers too The idea is the same, I will be using the largest Ikea Blanda Matt bamboo salad bowls (having an outer diameter of 28cm) The drivers will be Markaudio CHN110 full range models (I have used these...
  4. P

Melamine foam in speaker cabinets?

I was reading somewhere that melamine foam is a great material for sound absorption and that it could potentially be used in speaker cabinets as well Wikipedia seems to confirm the part about sound absorption: 'Being microporous it also effectively absorbs sound waves.' 'Naturally lightweight...
  5. P

Lavoce SSF153.00 15" based dual opposed subwoofer project

I am excited to share my next project here! :) After converting my MCLAs to a sub I have decided to look for a more traditional approach to subs - hence the below project came to my mind I have designed and built several dual opposed subwoofers (DOS) already - I can say I really love this design...
  6. P

Fighting room resonances with notch filters

I was reading an article about room modes when an idea came to my mind We can fix frequency-related room modes pretty easily with EQ (either using REW or more automated solutions like Dirac Live, Acourate, etc.) But once the frequency domain is fixed there can still be temporal resonances that...
  7. P

Murphy Corner Line Array re-purposing as a sub

Some time ago I built a pair of Murphy Corner Line Array (MCLA) speakers - the project was a success, I enjoyed them a lot But then I moved to a 15" fullrange project instead and I wanted to sell my MCLAs which turned out to be Mission Impossible..... They were resting in my garage but then I...
  8. P

USB supercapacitor filter - snake oil, or?

I just bumped into this: https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/hifi-power-supply/5v-usb-filter-p-18529.html Any thoughts? Is this pure snake oil or is it worth considering? Thank you
  9. P

Using OSB for speaker cabinet?

Is there anybody here who has actually built a speaker cabinet using OSB? I know it might not be the best material but I am curious to hear real-life experience from people who did it Thank you
  10. P

Another Markaudio CHN110 based project with a Beyma DOS sub

Just sharing yet another project I designed for my brother-in-law this time Basically it is about building two sealed cabinets (baltic birch plywood) with Markaudio CHN110 drivers and accompany them with a sealed DOS (dual opposed subwoofer) sub using 2x Beyma 8BR40/N drivers. Here is how the...
  11. P

FS: Canare StarQuad 4S11G 2x4m loudspeaker cable

Canare StarQuad 4S11G 2x4m loudspeaker cable Shipping from Hungary (preferably to EU) 60EUR + shipping
  12. P

Anybody here with Voicemeeter Banana experience?

I have been playing around with Voicemeeter Banana (again) to try to use one stereo USB device (A1 in Banana) for the front channels and another stereo USB device (A2) for the rear channels and it works like a charm However there is an issue that actually renders is totally useless: whenever...
  13. P

Audiophonics DIGIRescue - snake oil or....?

Just bumped into this product released today: https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/interface-modules/audiophonics-digirescue-reclocker-module-spdif-optical-coaxial-galvanic-insulation-24bit-192khz-p-17813.html Could this have any audible improvement or is this just yet another variant of snake oil...
  14. P

SB Acoustics SB20FRPC30-8 based desktop project

Last year I did a project based on Markaudio CHR120 drivers in my home office Then this year when I did my rear speaker project using the SB20FRPC30-8 drivers I really got astonished by these drivers so I have decided to replace my CHR120 desktop system with the SBs I already have the SB...
  15. P

Homebrew 'Dirac ART'

As I was reading about Dirac ART (né Dirac Unison) I really liked the idea to use the surround speakers to support the fronts for the bass (in case they go sufficiently low) If I had to take a guess ART will not be available for PC anytime soon so I took a stab at trying to mimic it with the...
  16. P

USB Optical Fiber Isolation Processor?

I am wondering if anybody here has tried this already: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003140592118.html Also wondering if it would make any audible difference? Especially in case one does not have any ground-loop issues to begin with Any comments would be appreciated Thank you
  17. P

SPL graphs in SPL and in Distortion tabs are different

I came across with this weird thing and I am wondering if anybody here knows the reason behind If I open a measurement in REW the frequency curve looks different in the SPL tab vs in the Distortion tab: in the SPL tab: and the same measurement in the Distortion tab: What is even more...
  18. P

Yet another snake oil cable....or? (Ludic Silenos speaker cables with carbon)

I have good experience with Ludic cables, I have two of their optical cables in my current system and I think they have quite a good price/value ratio They have recently released their new speaker cables, the Silenos which has a carbon layer added around the copper conductor They claim that it...
  19. P

Bass ringing issues in an odd-shaped room and how I solved it

I thought I would share this with the ASR Community since there might be folks out there with the same or similar issues I have a pretty odd-shaped living room: I have had various sound systems in it during the past 4 years and I have always had a huge issue with certain bass notes under...
  20. P

SB20FRPC30-8 based rear speaker project

I am venturing into my next project: replacing my truncated line array rear speakers with SB Acoustics SB20FRPC30-8 based loudspeakers Here are the drivers: This last picture is to compare the driver with my Markaudio CHR120 in my home office. The cabinet will be sealed and made of 18mm...
Top Bottom