Search results

1. P

Anything wrong with linear phase through the bass roll off?

Yes, fully agreed That's exactly the point - you can instantly hear if there is an issue I personally use this track to hear pre-echo: https://tidal.com/browse/track/184842686 (right at the start) You can switch back and forth between MP and LP to hear if there is any pre-echo with your LP filter
  2. P

2-Way speaker help

Since I was mentioned I thought I would chime in :) On this forum subjective things don't really matter (which is fine, I totally accept that - otherwise I would not be posting my projects here :) ) but let me just say that I have my subjective reasons for building only full-range driver-based...
  3. P

It is the latter If I used MP crossover filters the phase would get shifted way more vs using LP crossover filters btw. the same happens if you just apply a simple HPF for example on a subwoofer (the above graphs will show the same kind of differences)
  4. P

Sphere shaped speakers with CHN110 drivers

I have always been under the impression that having a 5-6ms bass delay on this curve (with the settings I used) is extremely good :) Or actually anything around or below 10ms can be considered really great I am happy to stand corrected though My settings: Would be cool to see other systems'...
  5. P

Sphere shaped speakers with CHN110 drivers

For me there are three things there to see: - the post-ringing is much lower with the LP filter vs the MP filters - the pre-ringing is higher with the LP filter (not audible though) - the Peak Energy curve is way lower (=less delay in the low frequencies) with the LP filter vs with the MP filters
  6. P

The phase is impacted too, see this example here: In case of the LP crossover filter you can see that it became much more linear vs when using min-phase crossover filters Similarly, GD also became lower: There is some pre-echo though but totally inaudible:
  7. P

I also prefer LP filters for both crossovers (LPF & HPF) but also for simple HPF filtering when I want to remove frequencies below 20Hz or similar Pre-ringing (or rather pre-echo actually) is audible though if the filter is not implemented correctly - however in terms of the transients (less...
  8. P

Deep dive into Room Correction with co-founder of Dirac

Very nice video, thank you @Flak Has anybody asked about when we shall expect a version of Dirac that actually works fine? There has been radio silence for more than 2 months now and we still don't have a fully working version Please refer to...
  9. P

DSD Direct vs non-DSD Direct: Myth or Turth?

My D-6 shall arrive next week, I will also share my experience + some measurements
  10. P

Topping DM7 availability

I have contacted Topping about this question, apparently they have stopped production but more importantly, they are not even considering having a replacement product: I think this is really worrisome since we will be left with no (near) SOTA multichannel DAC on the market.... (except for the...
  11. P

Add SPDIF to Topping DM7 8-channel DAC

I finally got my U-DIO8 :) Let's start with the objective observations: - plug & play once I installed the driver for Windows - literally nothing to be adjusted in the driver's menu - unlike with RME Digiface the channel mapping does not change when the sample rate is changed - this is a HUGE...
  12. P

Why eq to a flat response prior to eq'ing to a Harman Curve?

I agree with @staticV3 I would just add that in case none of the target curves match your system/taste then it does make sense to EQ to flat and then add low shelf/high shelf filters to taste This is actually what I have been doing for many years
  13. P

Speaker "Speed"

Yes, I think I also came to the same conclusion since the time I posted the above So agreed!
  14. P

Speaker "Speed"

Just purely theoretically speaking: can we say that there are things that we cannot measure yet but maybe in the future we will have means to measure them? What I mean is that we currently have a set of graphs (freq. response, phase response, impulse response, step response, decay, etc. etc.)...
  15. P

Great driver for single driver no crossover speaker?

I think that would be hard to tell....but I will let the more knowledgeable members here comment on that If you just want to taste the 'one-way sound' I suggest going with a relatively cheap driver first - hence I recommended Markaudio You can take a look at their CHN110, CHR120, Pluvia 11...
  16. P

SMSL A50 Pro 3-channel amp

Not sure if this amp has been discussed here before, if yes please delete this thread I have just come across with this new amp from SMSL, the SMSL A50 Pro It is a 3-channel amp with a full adjustable crossover (both LPF and HPF) using the MA12070P chipset. Also DAC and BT integrated, there is...
  17. P

Dirac Live Exclamation Mark issue

Nothing is happening, or at least we are not informed about it..... This was the latest update (in post #50), nothing else ever since Hi @Flak do you guys have any news? It would be appreciated, thank you
  18. P

Add SPDIF to Topping DM7 8-channel DAC

I have just ordered my U-DIO8 I will report back with my findings once it arrives
Top Bottom