Search results

1. N

Full Range OR Coaxial?

I do not like both ideas: to buy used or to buy new replacement OEM driver for some specific box. Both are way too problematic.
  2. N

Full Range OR Coaxial?

Are we on the same page? I was talking about speaker drivers. You mentioned KEF because they build speakers (drivers + cabinets) or second hand speaker drivers from those cabinets?
  3. N

Full Range OR Coaxial?

T.y. Haven't heard about this eshop. Yes, there are some other places with ~90EUR pricing indeed. That coax became much sweeter ;)
  4. N

Full Range OR Coaxial?

Most cheap are like this: And no one will convince me that it will have good tweeter range. This one is the cheapest I would bet my money on. It is used on some 5-10k EUR speakers... ~130EUR 130EUR is SB NRX2 6 inch range + decent tweeter
  5. N

Full Range OR Coaxial?

It depends how we define "mid-high". There are many good well engineered and reasonably priced full-range 2.5-3.5 inch drivers which play with very very little distortion from 200-300Hz up to ~15k. TC9, PS95, B80 etc. Choose any. This is why small 3-3.5 inch coax drivers make very little sense...
  6. N

Full Range OR Coaxial?

Nice find! Tweeter section geometry does not seem very hi-fi-ish, but still an option. It would be great to have someone to do cheap coax shootout: SB, Dayton and this one. Especially multitone distortion from 80-100Hz
  7. N

Full Range OR Coaxial?

This option may add much more additional challenges
  8. N

Full Range OR Coaxial?

Eighteen Sound is a leading designer and manufacturer of high quality professional audio loudspeakers Beyma - also only pro audio 18 sound - also only pro pro audio LaVoce - also only pro pro audio Oberton - also... Faital - also... and others from the database are either pro, car or guitar In...
  9. N

Full Range OR Coaxial?

Lil' hijack of thread: what are the coax drivers available up to ~200EUR-USD/unit range? I know Kartesian, Sica and Seas. Dayton and SB have too flawed units, Satori - in 300USD range. Others are in pro audio or car audio category. Did I miss some lesser known driver?
  10. N

Full Range OR Coaxial?

Almost forgot... There is the same Pluvia paper version. If you want to cheat a little then this is the same 7.2HD, just different cone material and color :)
  11. N

MEH - multiple entry horn for commercial purpose?

Now we are moving into the twilight zone... What are the differences in those patents? I admit, have not read word-by-word both patents, but from pictures they are literally the same.
  12. N

Of course buying a complete product or plans for product (if available) is always an option, but... this is not the case this time: that Red Spade thing looks so much upmarket, that it may be over my budget at least 50 times. Plans for MEH is an option or any confirmed and reasonably documented...
  13. N

Full Range OR Coaxial?

mhardy, cannot agree more to this part of your comment! BTW, I forgot the full-range on a budget king: https://sbacoustics.com/product/8in-sb20frpc30-8-paper/
  14. N

Hi, Short version: Want to build 2-way, 2 drivers total Multiple Entry Horn type speaker. Schematics is this: It will be used commercially not for personal use and I will get reward for building them. Long version: There is a request to build some heavy-duty speakers on cheap and most...
  15. N

Full Range OR Coaxial?

Coax Pros: -Most likely will perform better with complex music -Free waveguide for tweeter if the cone is favorable shape. I doubt that is the case in your selected driver. -Still simple cabinet building Cons: -Still need crossover -Will most likely cost more than 2-way woofer + tweeter...
  16. N

Sound insulation and acoustic panels from rock wool or fiberglass wool?

So, my little experiment results: With open doors before and after Witch closed doors (as it will be) before and after: How it is made It is a sandwitch of 1x2mm felt 1x frame of 20mm EPS on perimeter 3x stone wool of 20mm with glass wool pretty dense filling 1x frame of 20mm EPS on...
  17. N

Sound insulation and acoustic panels from rock wool or fiberglass wool?

From my couple days experience - rock wool is really light ant fluffy. In a bad way: fibers are not very thin, but just rare, hard and not much compressible. Glass wool is the opposite - heavy, tight, soft, you can compress it a lot. Sound absorption from simple "voice" test seems much bigger...
  18. N

Flat Frequency Response/Different Sound?

Yes, I definitely focus on speakers, on DIY side of things. I am on 500 USD integrated amp market - so want the best bang for my buck. The good thing is that to my personal ears cheap TDA3116 and similar stuff sounds really well. Hiss and hum... Are we talking about the sounds which amp...
  19. N

Of course I did not do any objective measurements. The most I can do - measure with speaker->microphone setup, and not outside, as it is kinda cold on this part of year. Electric amp output measurement is out of my understanding and capabilities. You emphasized tone controls: some if not most...
  20. N

I have tried my DIY spakers with Dayton PS-95 fullranges with some amps on "everything 0" settings - they sound DIFFERENT. I cannot say definitely if this is group delay, or some EQ is going on, or clipping or anything. I don't know the exact terms to everything my ears hear. Even at 0.1W...
Top Bottom