Search results

1. TLEDDY

My Absolute Sound and no one can debate me!

On this forum we have opinions, debates, argument galore! So, try this concerning violins: https://www.violinist.com/blog/laurie/20175/21158/ Now, in late March in my home I will have “Perfect Music Sound”! In celebration of my beautiful wife’s birthday, I have engaged a violin and piano...
  2. TLEDDY

And now, for something completely different…

https://www.reelsoundaudio.com/ I was intrigued by the ad in ”Stereophile” this month. I first thought, “Why?”; then, “Why not?” Your thoughts, please…
  3. TLEDDY

Quark,Science: Episode 5, Sonic Magic

This is a program of science in general. The listed episode is worth viewing. Highly recommended! Tillman
  4. TLEDDY

Stereophile and Absolute Sound Editorials

I subscribe to both, mainly to support the hi-fi world in general. I refer, dear readers, to the latest issue of each and the Editor’s intro to the magazines… Jim Austin, of Stereophile, presents a lucid view of goings-on in “Thoughts on reviewing”; I rather enjoyed his take on subjective...
  5. TLEDDY

Standard deviation in speaker measurement -

On the preference ratings, what is the standard deviation in those measurements? From my background in Laboratory Technology, a blood sugar reported as 100 mg/dl with a procedural SD of +\- 3 mg/dl could have an actual value of between 97 and 103 that is perfectly acceptable precision. Just...
  6. TLEDDY

A new expense threshold for pre-amp/amp stack

At least a total cost that I do not recall having seen. C H Precision, presented in the latest TAS, utilizing separate pre-amp/ power supply modules and a pair of mono-block amps has a total price of; $340,000.00. (Three hundred forty thousand Dollars)* The usual lack of measurements, along...
  7. TLEDDY

Heart motion speakers - a new design

In surfing the net, I ran across a new speaker design… has anyone heard of it or even better, actually heard it? https://www.mayht.com/technology It looks intriguing, being smaller and lighter; claims to use less power and equal output of much larger speakers, especially bass. Sadly, no...
  8. TLEDDY

Roon and NAS installs

I purchased a WD My Cloud 4x4 Tb solid state NAS and failed to install a Roon system on it. I am NOT tech savvy and need some help. I am all Apple and running Roon successfully on an iMac. Just want a new node!
  9. TLEDDY

Music ‘til Dawn - AM radio 1950s and 1960s

Do any of you recall Hugh Lampman, host of Music ‘til Dawn out of Dallas, Texas? Program began at midnight CST and ran to 5:00 am. He programmed all of the popular classical composers, lots of chamber music, soloists of the time and even light opera. I grew up looking forward to his show.
  10. TLEDDY

RIP Wayne Picquet

Wayne was the sole proprietor of Quads Unlimited in Florida. He managed to rebuild Quad 53s to play loudly and not blow up while maintaining the unique sound qualities. Same with ESL 63s. I have stacked 53s he made for me over 10 years ago that still run great! Both as a Quad expert and a...
  11. TLEDDY

System costs... How much do you have invested in your primary music system?

Much discussion concerning equipment cost inspires this survey...
  12. TLEDDY

KEF R3 cross-over Fx to SVS 3000 mini subwoofer...

As the title suggests, I would appreciate suggestions from the hive mind. Non-sequitur: after following ASR for an extended time, I purchased a Cambridge EVO 75 and Roon (with a 4 TB NAS). I am middle-aged, celebrating my 80th this week, and am suffering anxiety over the learning curve for...
  13. TLEDDY

Build a Virtual ASR System

As have many (most) of Forum participants, I have purchased equipment based on Amir’s reviews. I think it would be a fun project to build a complete virtual system, ranging from best possible at lower cost to best possible regardless, using only items reviewed herein. Requirements; Source(s)...
  14. TLEDDY

“Shadow waveguides” a remotely related ASR topic with references

Well, it is Audio and Science...I thought it interesting enough to pass on. If no one likes it, it did not take up much bandwidth. https://phys.org/news/2021-08-shadow-waveguide-complex-acoustic-patterns.html?utm_source=nwletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=daily-nwletter
  15. TLEDDY

Holoplot.com

I think this system is for commercial purposes rather than home systems. I think it is interesting but technically above my pay grade. Your comments are most welcome!
  16. TLEDDY

A little assistance, please - equalizer

I am using an iPad with Tidal, Blutooth to a Cambridge BT100 then wired KEF R3s. Also KEF Kube sub. What is the best method to apply EQ? I have a calibrated mic.
  17. TLEDDY

Music preference circle app

Interesting app... https://musiccircles.netlify.app/ ...worth a look.
  18. TLEDDY

How long have you been listening to recorded music?

I have been on this forum for a while and it suddenly occurred to me that my history is almost scary! My recorded musical journey began before solid state existed in the late 40s... It was still rewarding and fun then as well! My first records were 78s on a hand wound Victrola! The tweak then...
  19. TLEDDY

ASR Donations 2021

It is a New Year! Time to remember ASR with a donation! Think of all the money you have saved because ASR! Thank you Amir!!
  20. TLEDDY

Babette’s Feast

It is a beautiful little film, very moving. It helps if you really enjoy cooking...
Top Bottom