Search results

1. TLEDDY

The folly of seeking the perfect speaker.

“That admittedly can be a long, expensive journey!” Amen…
  2. TLEDDY

Which deceased musicians you miss the most and wish were still alive?

Arturo Toscanini Anything he ever recorded - I was in Alpine, Texas with my mother, who was attending Sul Ross State Teachers College, when I heard the news of his passing. I recall telling her the news when she returned from class, tears in my eyes. I was a fan of the Hugh Lampman “Music...
  3. TLEDDY

Proposal: Right to Fair Review (RFR) Association

To our real lawyers: if one is sued and is found not liable, can they recover their costs of legal defense?
  4. TLEDDY

Proposal: Right to Fair Review (RFR) Association

Been there, done that- have the T-shirt! litigation at ANY LEVEL is hugely expensive, Annoying and unfair as it may seem, it may make good business sense to settle “nuisance “ claims rather than litigate. My personal floor for bringing suit against another party for damages, even if I have a...
  5. TLEDDY

What interesting and tasty cheese are you enjoying today? This is like the spirits thread but for cheese.

Almost to die for… if you like port and Stilton as do I! I had a friend who liked port more than I: “Ports are my life!”
  6. TLEDDY

Electrostatic speakers?

Yes to amplification; no to subs i am using Benchmark amps on mine to great success! My Sanders 10e are my last speakers at age 82. I am blessed to be able to acquire, up to a rational cost, any speaker I want. The Sanders are in the middle of my budget, but for my own taste, they are ideal...
  7. TLEDDY

My Absolute Sound and no one can debate me!

Thank you for the movie reference! I ordered the DVD so I can compare my modest abode with the salon… I look forward and will report back!
  8. TLEDDY

My Absolute Sound and no one can debate me!

Sorry for the delayed reply! I refer to our home as “Muse d’Alice” due to the extensive collection of art herein. Alice, my wife and partner for 33 years, has a Degree in Art History, with studies at King’s College in London and has worked in museums as a curator and exhibit manager. We do...
  9. TLEDDY

Extreme Snake Oil

Ok… I am old! Who recalls “M’pingo discs” and “Shakti Stones”?
  10. TLEDDY

Extreme Snake Oil

A note from Emergency Department : “Nothing goes up your butt by accident!”
  11. TLEDDY

New music discovery?

One could try ASR’s “What are we listening to right now”. (The thread I am referencing has over 1000 entries! ) The varied taste of the Hive has introduced me to MANY new music genre that I would not have experienced otherwise!
  12. TLEDDY

How to manage the mental somersaults, avoiding brain damage and brain rewiring from reading news?

I just read this from CNN: https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/07/health/lsd-anxiety-fda-breakthrough-therapy-wellness/index.html The headline: Single dose of LSD provides immediate and lasting relief from anxiety
  13. TLEDDY

SO ... HOW do we measure soundstage???

Thank you! I looked up the reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head-related_transfer_function Very interesting … so the multidimensional process is executed in our head/brain. I have to say the mathematics presented is far above my knowledge base. Perhaps others could present a layman’s...
  14. TLEDDY

Why Do You Own Benchmark Products?

I use Benchmark electronics because I will never have to buy anything better!
  15. TLEDDY

SO ... HOW do we measure soundstage???

This is a thought-game, since I really don’t know what I am talking about. location of an object in 3-dimensional planar space is determined by x,y,z point positions on the surface. Vertical positioning we can call gamma. It seems to me that if we could graph out the locus of the signal in...
  16. TLEDDY

A Call For Humor!

I did not know where to put this bon mot… so I decided it is funny Source: Foxnews.com New Ravenmaster at Tower of London has most important job in England, according to legend The Tower of London always has 7 ravens; 6 for the prophecy, plus a spare Associated Press Published March 1, 2024...
  17. TLEDDY

Record breaker: Raphaelite CS30-MKII tube amplifier review and measurements

By the way… if you share my opinion, please consider a donation! I consider this site a labor of love; just think how sad it would be without it!
  18. TLEDDY

Record breaker: Raphaelite CS30-MKII tube amplifier review and measurements

It is rare that I read a thread from beginning to end! That said, this one has been a real delight, beginning with the OP Review - kudos to GXAlan!! One of the many delights of this Forum is the vast amount of knowledge of the members and their willingness to share. So, once again, thank you...
Top Bottom