Search results

1. B

This new(?) TPA3255 chip amp may be the new "bang for the buck" champion or....

...it may fall into the "toy" category -- but the price is so low that it may well be worth the gamble. Not happy about the BT inclusion, but the GUI-controlled DSP feature is amazing for the $$ if it works reliably. Since all non-PFFB TPA3255 designs seem to have the same load impedance...
  2. B

Interesting, relatively low-cost DAC with Bluetooth: Slash6

A very interesting and uniquely packaged little device from Korea IMO -- so far, I've only seen hyper-subjective U-Toober "Jay's Iyagi" review this thing, so some actual measurements would certainly be nice to have. Slash6 product page
  3. B

Removed

Removed
  4. B

Guitar industry challenges high-end audio for most absurd snake oil sales pitch

“These new buttons help to open up the vowel sound of the guitar. By having less weight on the headstock, the whole guitar sounds more musical. As one of the few parts of a guitar to physically touch the guitar string, the tuners can either enhance or dampen the frequency of string vibration...
  5. B

He spent his life building a $1 million stereo. The real cost was unfathomable.

He spent his life building a $1 million stereo. The real cost was unfathomable.
  6. B

The latest speaker upgrade kit from GR Research (Danny Richie) costs...

..."$739.00 – $919.00" -- for a pair of 50 year old four-way Pioneer HPM-100 (the JBL L-100 lookalike featured in those old Maxell magazine ads) speakers: Pioneer HPM-100 Upgrade kit
  7. B

Attention "full-range" driver and line array(?) DIYers

Experiment on the (seriously!) cheap! 144 Pieces of BN83-01354A 1-3/4" x 5" Paper Cone Full-Range Speaker 8 Ohm
  8. B

This is just plain sad.

As you may have guessed, what I'm referring to is the (now very personal) feud between Erin and Amir -- having the two best sources of objective data about audio gear on the Internet at loggerheads. What tore it for me was Erin calling Amir "a narcissist" in his most recent video -- I've seen...
  9. B

Another tiny TPA3255 power amp -- even smaller and cheaper than the Aiyima A07!

If I didn't already own four A07s -- including two spares -- I'd give this little thing a whirl. "shui yan Audio" TPA3255 power amp
  10. B

equalizerAPO question

Is it possible to run multiple instances of equalizerAPO under Win10 in order to have different EQ curves for different audio devices, which in my case are the Behringer U-Phoria I use for headphone listening and the Topping DAC that drives my main system? Alternatively, is there some way to...
  11. B

Technically astute essays on audio cabling -- but will this expert get around to audibility?

There's more to come, so maybe that will be addressed in the next one? TL;DR -- at least in any detail -- for a non-engineer like yours truly, but perhaps the more qualified among us would like to comment. https://www.psaudio.com/article/cables-time-is-of-the-essence-part-1/...
  12. B

Speaker designer Danny Richie (GR-Research) directly attacks ASR

In a comment below this U-Toob video, he said this about ASR: "They do no real science over there. They are just a propaganda machine for their belief system. They never answer the question do cables make an audible difference as they never listen to anything." Audiophile Cable TRUTHS: About...
  13. B

Great interview -- Erin Hardison talks to Lars Risbo of Purifi Audio

Lars and his colleagues provide some excellent information on the fundamental engineering challenges involved in improving small woofer performance, including a demo of Purifi's proprietary driver testing system -- and, toward the end, some hints of what's cooking over on the amplification side...
  14. B

Quieting down SMPS fan noise

I power my TPA3255 chip amps with a typical Mean Well clone SMPS that has an always-on two-wire cooling fan. In an effort to limit its cooling fan noise, I bought a supposedly quiet Vantec PC case fan that was too thick to mount inside the case, so I mounted it outside, and the resulting setup...
Top Bottom