Search results

1. M

SMSL A300 Stereo Amplifier Review

I know these demo videos are frowned upon in this forum. but if anyone is interested, I did a quick compare to the well-revered schiit aegir and another decent Class AB Amplifier I had (Onkyo 9150). The A300 is a surprise and quite decent. Sounds quite focused and composed and not harsh (as the...
  2. M

Left and right speaker pairs - is this a thing?

My Dali Rubicon 2s have L/R labelled at each speaker. Dali website also recommends following the respective labels. I tried experimenting swapping the 2 speakers to see if could get an audible difference. Funny enough, I did and preferred the sound of the L/R in the wrong orientation (left on...
  3. M

Dali speakers

here is a quick sound comparison between Rubicon 2 & Special 40 I have made. im fully aware that this is a very flawed comparison due to multitude of factors -- its just for fun and can give every one a hint of the sound sig differences (if listened through semi-decent/neutral headphones/IEM):
  4. M

Dali speakers

I tried to side grade / upgrade away from the Rubicons (tried KEF R series, Dyn Excite, Dyn Special 40, ATC) but I kept coming back to Dali. The only speaker I have on my list now are the Epicons which will surely never happen as I can't afford it :D The KEF R series are excellent in their own...
  5. M

Dali speakers

Was able to borrow Rubicon 2. aaaand I just put my special 40s on sale. side by side with the Rubicon 2, its no contest for me. there is just an abundance of life, drive and the midrange is much more coherent with the highs & lows. dali also has the upper hand in soundstage depth and layering...
  6. M

Dali speakers

Its been 6 months since I have upgraded from the Dali Rubicon 2 to the Dynaudio Special 40. Not a single week goes by where I sometimes wonder if I was happier with the Dali. The Special 40s are the superior speaker but there is something about that Dali rhythm (from the SMC woofer) that is...
  7. M

Dali speakers

The Dali Rubicon 2s are great. Ive had the R300, Dynaudio x18, Wharfedales, B&Ws, also able to borrow ATC scm11. Personally still prefer the Rubicon 2 over all the speakers ive heard so far. very underrated brand outside of the EU. I really believe they are on to something with their SMC...
  8. M

Topping D10s USB DAC and Bridge Review

how's the polarity? is it fixed?
  9. M

Topping E30 DAC Review

Thanks this is enlightening and Appreciated.
  10. M

Topping E30 DAC Review

Thanks for the Interesting blind test here is what i got. Curious to know about the result 1 + 2 - 3 + 4 + 5 + 6 + 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 + 11 + 12 +
  11. M

Topping E30 DAC Review

superb thanks! i'll play it in my system and record it as well continuously without any cuts once i get the chance later tonight. would be an interesting blind test.
  12. M

Topping E30 DAC Review

that would be interesting if it is not much trouble. the songs I used were:
  13. M

Topping E30 DAC Review

both should electrically/ fundamentally be the same thing as switching cables though. Its nice that you dont hear a difference. I wish I didn't as well. I did my own experiment though, recorded it and shared it to everyone here--- and the change can be heard from a lossy recorder, lossy...
  14. M

Topping E30 DAC Review

Sounds nice but But doesn't that take the speakers out of the equation? i'm afraid, it would be irrelevant for my use-case.
  15. M

Topping E30 DAC Review

Even iiWi Reviews (popular Youtube reviewer of Audio gear who has all high praises for the E30 in his review) heard the difference on his LS50. Maybe if the listening device is not resolving enough, you wont notice the difference?
  16. M

Topping E30 DAC Review

@JohnYang1997 can you confirm that I can override the 1.08 firmware to 1.07 without any bad effects? I just want to roll-back the update and just switch my speaker cables and be done with it. I also noticed you added in the instructions that the topping driver is needed for the 1.08 firmware to...
  17. M

Topping E30 DAC Review

Yes I was wondering as well why the effects are more than subtle on mine. The speakers are Dynaudio X18, amp is Onkyo 9150, its quite a revealing speaker and I would think its decent enough not to have any design anomalies. The songs I selected are dynamic ones with lots of instruments &...
  18. M

Topping E30 DAC Review

Why do you think the effects are very audible in my setup? Its not the greatest but I like to think the speakers are more than decent (Dynaudio, which are also used in Studios). One thing I can think about is my living room is very small (condo) and the room gain greatly amplifies the effect. I...
  19. M

Topping E30 DAC Review

thanks! found it. Has anyone been able to flash an older firmware over a new one? (could not find factory reset from the tool) Im just cautious of bricking it.
Top Bottom