Search results

1. J

AI music vs real quiz (easy)

i got wrong the funk/R&B b/c... well, IMHO it's really a piece of crap, I judged it composed by AI in the same way I spotted the other craps :( I'd say 'non intellegible words' plus 'wrong sounds' are the most significant issues, and now let's think that all of our feedbacks are helping google...
  2. J

Farewell my friends. Health is deteriorating - I'm fading out. (Updated - RIP)

There are members which posts I read with pleasure - @Xulonn is certainly one of them. This is a phrase I will remember. Thanks and farewell.
  3. J

Octave Music Don Grusin High Resolution Music Analysis (Video)

(for the heavy-filtered browser internet navigants, link to Elton John's 'sorry seems to be the hardest word')
  4. J

Sunfire Cinema Grand Review (5-channel Amp)

@amirm, small typo. It's not an amp of Jule, it's W times s :)
  5. J

Emotiva MC-1 Review (Home Theater Processor)

@amirm, small mistake in the text, SINAD is 88dB
  6. J

How good is the sound in cars really?

1) 19 speakers 2) false, everything had been adjusted in order to tune the rear and front volumes 3) ofcourse this need to be taken in consideration (and exploited as well) 4) we had a quite decent soundstage , just a bit out of focus in the center. By center, I mean the singer was just below...
  7. J

It was a totally custom system, 4way + center channel + subwoofer (without DSP, at the time there were not good enough DPSs for the job) and yes, multiamp, active xover + passive cells + EQ all over the place. The system was invisible from the outside unless carefully looking in selected places...
  8. J

Time to chime in... 2nd place at the Paris Europeans 1998, something like 23 years ago. We lost the title due to inexperience, albeit winning the prize for the best sounding system of the show. At the end, after the prize-giving ceremony, we had a queue of judges from the other categories...
  9. J

Revel M80XC Review (Outdoor Speaker)

@tmtomh @amirm I think it's by design, too. An outdoor speaker is usually heard at a higher distance than an indoor one, so air absorption needs to be considered. Of course, out of axis is an issue as well.
  10. J

ASUS AI Noise-Canceling Mic Adapter Review

Sorry for polluting the thread but I couldn't resist. I have a couple of those trees as well and this is one of the best period of the year thanks to those plums! Unfortunately, this one had been a bad season so very little fruits to be picked. Oh, enough for having indigestion if you eat all of...
  11. J

On triple flange ear tips... ER4SR or ER4XR

I had the same problem: to replace my ageing 11 yrs old Shure SE530. I tested the ER2SE, ER3XR and the ER4SR. It took 20mins to cross off the ER2SE, since for my taste the SE530 was superior in almost every parameter. Then I tried the ER3XR and, boys!, I've really been surprised by those. First...
  12. J

Sigma ADAU1701 Review (DSP Board)

yes, sry for misleading, I meant 2xDAC stereo channels i.e. 4xDAC - my mistake
  13. J

OK, now I see... This is a module likely coming from China (I found on AliExpress which seems exactly the one reviewed, code of the board EDSP-1701-24-A) and not the official dev module, so it all will depend on the board we are getting. At first glance the chip seems capable to directly act as...
  14. J

@amirm If you use the USB dongle, I suppose the ADC is going to be skipped - correct? If so, it's a pity not to take measurements that way as well, since for a 4-way xover solution this would be the way to go. Datasheet report: 2 ADCs: SNR of 100 dB, THD + N of −83 dB 4 DACs: SNR of 104 dB, THD...
  15. J

What budget speakers you like to see reviewed?

Available everywhere in the good ol' Europe (Amazon, Thomann etc), I see a warehouse deal Amazon US pair currently on sale and them being also available @ Thomannmusic US for USD195. Didn't know they were discountinued and the official website browsed from here does not mention so. It makes...
  16. J

Tannoy Revolution XT 6 Speaker Review

One 'like' button is not enough for this, at least two or three were needed. Finally, serious compression and distortion measurements, which is what IMHO really matters when talking about 'dynamic range' or 'liveness' of a speaker! As soon as I can - very busy period thanks to a strong...
  17. J

MultiQuote button

As per the title, it would be nice to have a multi-quote button in the forum like the one I already found in some other forums. The current way of multi-quoting or copying-paste is quite unconmfortable, albeit working. Thanks for considering this!
  18. J

Any interest in an ASR community speaker project?

Forgive me in advance since it is going to be a long one if you read it all. Perhaps a bit late on this but I like to share my view nonetheless before unsubscribing the thread for not being interested in it anymore if the project steers - like it is doig - towards a classic 2 or 3-ways. Let me...
  19. J

The founding of ASR

I'm not really a good writer, so.... just 2 words @amirm : thank you!
Top Bottom